Statement of Safety Net Health Plans on COVID-Related Coverage
The undersigned 54 community-based Safety Net Health Plans are working tirelessly in their communities to address the COVID-19 pandemic.
Collectively, these plans provide coverage to more than 16 million Americans with low incomes through Medicaid and Medicare D-SNPs. They share a commitment to improving the health and well-being of people with low incomes or significant health needs.
These Safety Net Health Plans have committed to do the following for their Medicaid and Medicare D-SNP members:
- Waive all deductibles, co-insurance, and co-payment for diagnosis and medically-necessary acute treatment of COVID-19 consistent with CDC guidance to the extent allowed under federal and state law.
- Waive prior authorization requirements for diagnostic tests and medically-necessary acute covered services, consistent with CDC guidance, related to COVID-19.
- Waive early medication refill limits on prescriptions.
- Protect health care providers and patients by supporting efforts to move provider visits to a telehealth setting to the maximum extent allowable by medical guidelines and state and federal regulations.
And our Medicaid and Medicare D-SNP plans are pleased to join the health care community at large in complying with COVID-19 laws and rules to :
- Cover coronavirus testing for all enrollees.
- Waive all co-payments, deductibles and cost sharing for COVID-19 testing.
- Cover treatment for COVID-19 related illnesses.
Alameda Alliance for Health
AmeriHealth Caritas Family of Companies (12 plans)
Banner University Health Plans
Boston Medical Center HealthNet Plan
Cardinal Innovations Healthcare
Central California Alliance for Health
Children’s Community Health Plan
Commonwealth Care Alliance
Community Care Plan
Community First Health Plan
Community Health Choice
Community Health Group
Community Health Network of Connecticut
Community Health Plan of Washington
Cook Children’s Health Plan
Driscoll Health Plan
El Paso First Health Plans
Elderplan | HomeFirst
Gold Coast Health Plan
Health Plan of San Joaquin
Health Plan of San Mateo
Health Services for Children With Special Needs, Inc.
Inland Empire Health Plan
Kern Family Health Care
L.A. Care Health Plan
My Choice Family Care
Neighborhood Health Plan of Rhode Island
Parkland Community Health Plan
Partnership HealthPlan Of California
San Francisco Health Plan
Santa Clara Family Health Plan
Texas Children’s Health Plan
Trillium Health Resources
UPMC for You
VNSNY CHOICE Health Plans