Safety Net Health Plan Initiatives to Improve LGBTQI+ Health EquityJanuary 19, 2022
This free public webinar discussed a new ACAP report, Safety Net Health Plan Initiatives to Improve LGBTQI+ Health Equity.
More than a million lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, and intersex (LGBTQI+) individuals receive health care coverage from the Medicaid program, a state and federal partnership providing care to more than 80 million individuals with low incomes in the United States. As the national health care discussion focuses increasingly on health equity and health care stakeholders work toward eradicating health disparities, this webinar will explore the current status of health equity efforts by Medicaid Safety Net Health Plans for LGBTQI+ individuals.
The Webinar will feature the following speakers:
- Doug Wirth, President & CEO, Amida Care
- Erin Connolly, Transgender Program Nurse Coordinator, Amida Care
- Monica Baldzikowski, RN, PHN, Senior Manager, Prior Authorizations & Quality Review, San Francisco Health Plan
- Harper Jean Tobin, HJ Tobin Policy Consulting
- Jennifer McGuigan Babcock, Senior Vice President for Medicaid Policy, ACAP
Download slides here.