Christopher Palmieri Re-elected as Chair of ACAP Board of Directors
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: December 8, 2020
FOR MORE INFORMATION: Jeff Van Ness, (202) 204-7515, email@example.com
CHRISTOPHER PALMIERI RE-ELECTED AS CHAIR OF ACAP BOARD OF DIRECTORS
WASHINGTON— The Association for Community Affiliated Plans (ACAP) today announced that Christopher D. Palmieri, President and Chief Executive Officer of Commonwealth Care Alliance, has been re-elected Chair of ACAP’s Board of Directors. Mr. Palmieri was first elected in 2019. His new term will continue through calendar year 2022.
“Chris’ expertise and innovative leadership have been invaluable to ACAP and our member plans, especially as we continue to adapt to the changes the COVID-19 crisis has brought upon the health care system,” said ACAP CEO Margaret A. Murray. “We’re lucky to have him on our team and thank him for his continued service to help strengthen the safety net.”
“As the pandemic continues to disproportionately impact those who are the most vulnerable, the role of Safety Net Health Plans has never been more important,” said Palmieri. “Over the past year, ACAP plans have led the way in ensuring access to care and affordability, supported telehealth services for low-income populations, and made a nationwide promise to waive deductibles, copayments, allow early medication refill limits, and remove other potential barriers to healthcare. I am honored to be reelected as Chair of this incredible organization and look forward to continue working with my colleagues from around the country to support our members and provider partners.”
Also elected to ACAP’s Board of Directors were:
- Leanne Berge, CEO, Community Health Plan of Washington, Vice Chair;
- Kathy Pettway, Senior Director, Priority Partners, Treasurer;
- Eric Hunter, CEO, CareOregon, Secretary;
- Michael Schrader, CEO, Health Plan of San Joaquin, Medicaid Policy Committee Chair ;
- Mark Rakowski, COO, Children’s Community Health Plan, Quality and Operations Committee Chair;
- Hany Abdelaal, President, VNSNY CHOICE Health Plans, Medicare and MLTSS Committee Chair;
- Peter Marino, CEO, Neighborhood Health Plan of Rhode Island, Marketplace Policy Committee Chair;
- Chad Westover, University of Utah Health Plans, Strategic Communications Committee Chair;
- Andrea Gelzer, SVP and Corporate Chief Medical Officer, AmeriHealth Caritas;
- Linda Hines, Medicaid Plan President, Virginia Premier Health Plan;
- Doug Wirth, CEO, Amida Care; and
- Trey Sutten, CEO, Cardinal Innovations Healthcare.
Learn more about ACAP’s Board of Directors and Membership Council at communityplans.net.
ACAP represents 78 health plans, which collectively provide health coverage to more than 20 million people. Safety Net Health Plans serve their members through Medicaid, Medicare, the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP), the Marketplace and other publicly-sponsored health programs. For more information, visit www.communityplans.net.
# # #