Vice President for Medicaid Policy, and Director, Strategic Operations, Jennifer Babcock, interviewed with World Congress at their 7th Annual GHCC Medicaid Summit and discussed the following issues:
- Describe work that plans are doing to provide care coordination for Medicaid enrollees – including children – with complex care needs
- Describe barriers in current federal Medicaid and managed care regulations for addressing social determinants of health
- What does social determinants of health refer to?
- How important are they in the health care equation?
- What are the current barriers that prevent organizations from being more effective in this area? How can they be knocked down?