PPSV is a Washington DC law firm, established in 1983, that provides specialized legal services in the health and education fields. The firm’s health care practice evolved from a core group of attorneys drawn from government and the private practice of law who share a common mission to deliver superior legal services to participants in the health care industry and its professions.
Our attorneys have extensive experience in representing stakeholders in the Medicare and Medicaid programs as well as Medicaid managed care. We have also assisted numerous government-operated providers with the development of Medicaid managed care plans that have ranged from comprehensive risk HMOs and other prepaid health plan models to specialized plans for AIDS or other target populations.
Like ACAP’s members,many of our health care clients are safety net organizations committed to serving low income and other vulnerable patient populations. We are particularly proud of our long historyof working with safety net providers, such as public and private non-profit hospitals and federally qualified health centers, on a wide spectrum of issues. Particular areas of expertise include:
- Medicare and Medicaid reimbursement
- Medicaid managed care programs and waivers
- Medicare Parts A, B, C and D
- Health care reform, including Medicaid expansion and health insurance exchanges
- Medicaid drug pricing and the 340B program
- Disability and rehabilitation matters
- Demonstration projects related to chronic care management
- Legislative and administrative advocacy before Congress and the Executive Branch
- Health care contracting, mergers, acquisitions and other transactions
- Health information technology, HIPAA, and medical privacy
- Fraud and abuse
We look forward to working with ACAP members as they navigate the complex challenges presented by healthcare reform.