Chief Operating Officer
Amida Care, the largest Medicaid HIV Special Needs Plan in NY, delivers a uniquely effective care model that has become a true benchmark for innovation, engagement and member health outcomes. We are a community of individuals from diverse peoples who work together to actively foster a fair, equitable, and inclusive environment where all employees receive an invitation to belong. Our mission is to provide access to comprehensive care and coordinated services that facilitate positive health outcomes and general well-being for our members. This true integrative care model addresses psychosocial, housing, behavioral and medical services directly evolving around the needs of each member. We are seeking an experienced Chief Operations Officer (COO) to provide leadership and oversight over the health plan’s operations as well as play a key role in developing strategies and infrastructures to help support the organization’s growth. The COO will report directly to the President and CEO and will be a member of the Officer’s team. Compensation will be commensurate with experience and market evaluation.
The Chief Operations Officer will work in collaboration with the President and CEO on all matters related to the operations and business strategy of the organization.
• Provide leadership, management and vision necessary to ensure that the company has the proper operational controls, administrative and reporting procedures, and people systems in place to effectively grow the organization and to ensure financial strength and operating efficiency
• Provide oversight and supervision to the member services, provider services, claims, vendor management and growth and community initiatives departments
• Develop and implement strategies, procedures and business plans needed to enhance heath plan growth and maintain regulatory compliance.
• Provide leadership and oversight of IT department which includes analysis and reporting; Data Governance and Data Operations; Network Operations and Facilities.
• Directs the development of the IT vision, strategy, and roadmap, based on Amida Care strategy and business needs.
• Identify, cultivate and provide opportunities for rising talent within the organization.
• Exercise management responsibility over the organization ensuring efficient services that are designed to meet the needs of members, physicians, and the staff.
• Other duties as assigned
Amida Care is Diversity, Equity and Inclusion employer committed to full inclusion and elimination of discrimination in all its forms. We strive to develop, promote and sustain a culture that values equity and leverages diversity and inclusiveness in all that we do.
Minimum of a Bachelors’ degree in Business, Health Care Administration or related field; Masters’ preferred.
EXPERIENCES AND/OR SKILLS REQUIRED:
• 10+ years’ operations and business development experience in the healthcare space.
• Experience with Medicaid health plans, including five at a senior level.
• Working knowledge of Medicaid regulatory reporting (i.e. MMCOR/SNPOR, VBPTR, Encounters) by New York State Department of Health, AIDS Institute and CMS.
• Exceptional business acumen.
• Collaborative and inclusive leadership style. Open to feedback and considering new ideas and approaches.
• Exceptional interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills.
• Strong computer skills, including MS Office (EXCEL, Word, Power Point).
• Demonstrate understanding and sensitivity to multi-cultural values, beliefs, and attitudes of both internal and external contacts.
• Demonstrate appropriate behaviors in accordance with the organization’s vision, mission, and values.
OUR CORE COMPETENCIES FOR EQUITY AND INCLUSION AT AMIDA CARE :
Radical Empathy Amida Care employees are intentional about understanding others experiences and respond by taking action to change cultures.
Anti-prejudice Amida Care employees know that personal prejudices, biases and experiences can have an impact on making decisions and therefore guard against allowing these factors to influence decisions. We intentionally take action against allowing unfair implications of prejudged information to enter into and effect an interpersonal relationship; not allowing a person’s race, ethnicity(ies), biological sex, gender expression, sexuality(ies) or personal philosophy to cause one to prejudge the actions, potential, intentions, or attitudes of others.
Social Justice Allyship Amida Care employees who are members of dominant social groups work to eliminate intentional and unintentional systems, processes, policies, and practices that disadvantage non-dominant social group members, especially through limiting opportunities for such individuals in service to the dominant group.
Passion for Social Justice Amida Care employees demonstrate a passion for social justice by working to build and sustain an environment that encourages speaking up against injustice, distributes resources and opportunities equitably; creates physically and psychologically safe and secure workplace.
Transparency Amida Care employees, supervisors and managers are honest, candid, and forthcoming with information. We clearly and concisely communicate information to individuals or groups to ensure they understand the information and the message. Supervisors and managers share the reasons behind decisions to ensure accountability and promote organizational justice.
Integrity Amida Care employees are authentic and honest. We admit when we are wrong or have made a mistake, and take action to correct our errors, and we work to repair breaks in relationships caused by our missteps.
Equity Amida Care employees recognize and value individual differences in the broadest sense; create a working culture and practices that respect, harness diversity for the benefit of co-workers, clients, donors, and members of the larger community.
Inclusion Amida Care employees, supervisors, and managers invite others to fully participate in organizational events and daily activities; and intentionally work to make environments psychologically safe for authenticity and vulnerability