Operations Management Director
Location: Mariposa County; Merced County; Monterey County; San Benito County; Santa Cruz County
We have an opportunity to join the Alliance as the Operations Management Director overseeing the Operations Management Department.
WHAT YOU’LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, this position:
• Provides strategic management oversight in implementing, directing, and monitoring the Alliance’s Operations Management Department
• Directs the Operations Management Department, acts as a subject matter expert, and provides executive level advice and guidance on provider and member data configuration, provider and member portal management, operational reports, and overall business operations
• Directs, manages, and supervises Operations Management Department staff
ABOUT THE JOB
The Operations Management Director will lead cross-functional teams within the newly created Operations Management department at the Alliance, in support of streamlining processes, management and reporting of health plan operations data.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
• Motivated and seasoned leader within the managed care industry, with extensive experience in healthcare operations and expertise in managing health plan operations data including member and provider configuration
• Demonstrated strength in and proactive approach to process improvement and system efficiency, specifically data management and handling
• Thrive in matrix management environment
• Adept at leading and collaborating with cross-functional teams
• Champion change management to support the organization in adoption of new operations data management strategies
• Demonstrate a proven ability to manage competing priorities, aligning them strategically with the company’s objectives for optimal efficiency and success
• Invested in staff development and empowering teams to do their best work
• Exceptional verbal communication skills, with strength in relationship building and influencing others
• Excellent written communication and presentation skills
• Have excellent analytical skills and the ability to synthesize information into high-level executive presentations
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL
To read the full position description, and list of requirements please visit our Careers page
o Complex practices, issues, and theoretical principles related to member and provider data management and operational reporting of health plan data
o The principles and practices of systems, data and process management, including evaluation and implementation
o Data management strategies including data quality, data processing and error handling
o Data systems and the ability to oversee the configuration and maintenance of member and provider data
o Promoting and applying change management principles
o Research, systems and business analysis, and reporting methods and techniques
o Analyze large datasets, identify trends, and extract actionable insights
o Develop, plan, organize and direct programs and activities that are complex in nature and regional in scope
o Work effectively with cross-functional teams and build strong relationships with stakeholders
o Direct, manage, supervise, mentor, train and evaluate the work of staff
o Provide leadership, facilitate meetings, and partner with and guide staff in the resolution of issues that are complex and may have considerable impact
o Act as a technical resource and explain complex laws, regulations, processes, and programs related to areas of responsibility
o Demonstrate strong analytical skills, accurately collect, manage, and analyze data, identify issues, offer recommendations and potential consequences, and mitigate risk
Education and Experience:
o Bachelor’s degree in Management Information Systems (MIS), Business, Health Administration, Public Policy, or a related field
o A minimum of ten years of experience in healthcare operations, including a minimum of five years of experience in a managed care setting which included a minimum of three years of management-level experience with a focus on managed care operations, data management, and reporting (a Master’s degree may substitute for two years of the general managed care experience); or an equivalent combination of education and experience may be qualifying
• While this position is connected to one of our Alliance offices, we are in hybrid remote/in-office work environment right now and we anticipate that the interview process will take place remotely.
• Our Alliance office locations have officially re-opened as of May 2, 2022 and while some employees may work in full-time telecommute schedules, attendance at quarterly company-wide events or department meetings will be expected.
• Based on the nature of work, this position may require onsite presence, which is dependent on business need. Details about this can be reviewed during the interview process.
The full compensation range for this position is listed by location below.
The actual compensation for this role will be determined by our compensation philosophy, analysis of the selected candidate’s qualifications (direct or transferrable experience related to the position, education or training), as well as other factors (internal equity, market factors, and geographic location).
Merced County & Mariposa County Pay Range: $134,550 – $215,280
Monterey County, San Benito County & Santa Cruz County Pay Range: $147,856 – 236,579
• Medical, Dental and Vision Plans
• Ample Paid Time Off
• 12 Paid Holidays per year
• 401(a) Retirement Plan
• 457 Deferred Compensation Plan
• Robust Health and Wellness Program
• Onsite EV Charging Stations
We are a group of over 500 dedicated employees, committed to our mission of providing accessible, quality health care that is guided by local innovation. We feel that our work is bigger than ourselves. We leave work each day knowing that we made a difference in the community around us.
Join us at Central California Alliance for Health (the Alliance), where you will be part of a culture that is respectful, diverse, professional and fun, and where you are empowered to do your best work. As a regional non-profit health plan, we serve members in Merced, Monterey and Santa Cruz counties.
The Alliance is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. We are an E-Verify participating employer
At this time the Alliance does not provide any type of sponsorship. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time, ongoing basis without current or future needs for any type of employer supported or provided sponsorship.Position Description »