MAPS Treatment Adherence Coordinator
Amida Care, the largest Medicaid HIV Special Needs Plan in NY, delivers a uniquely effective care model that has become a true benchmark for innovation, engagement and member health outcomes. Our mission is to provide access to comprehensive care and coordinated services that facilitate positive health outcomes and general well-being for our members. This true integrative care model addresses psychosocial, housing, behavioral and medical services directly evolving around the needs of each member.
We are a community of individuals from diverse peoples who work together to actively foster a fair, equitable, inclusive environment where all employees receive an invitation to belong. Visit amidacareny.org for more information about the Amida Care culture.
We are actively seeking a highly motivated, innovative and experienced leader to join our team as a MAPS Treatment Adherence Coordinator. Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
This position is responsible for engaging members who are identified as part of the Managed Problem-Solving (MAPS) CDC Grant as being non adherent to HIV antiretrovirals (ARVS) based on prescription refills. MAPS Treatment Adherence Coordinator will be trained on MAPS intervention and will provide health promotion, education, and support to members to achieve optimal health outcomes. Through outreach in the community, this position will locate members, identify barriers, develops problem solving interventions, supports members and assist them with adhering to their prescribed regimen and health care plan. This position will develop and maintain external and internal relationships with service providers to assure proper engagement and the delivery of appropriate services. This grant funded position will run through August 31st, 2025.
• Perform telephone, internet, and field outreach to members who are not adherent to ARVS as identified by the MAPS CDC Grant., in order to locate them and engage and provide health promotion, education and interventions.
• Develop individualized goals and treatment plan with members, based on their needs, following the guidelines and interventions outlined in the MAPS training manual.
• Provide treatment adherence services to Amida Care members; including but not limited to DOT, appointment escorts, treatment adherence education, and treatment adherence tools.
• Monitor progress through blood work results, prescription fills and case conferencing with PCP.
• Case conferences with Amida Care staff involved with member and provide updates, as well as seek assistance as needed to compliment the care of member.
• Collect required data and forms as outlined by the MAPS training manual for grant data collection purposes.
• Document all outreach efforts within Salesforce – Team Connect, within 48 hours of event.
• Refer and connect members to appropriate services/service providers.
• Educate members and provide assistance with making appointments at primary care providers and specialists.
Amida Care is Diversity, Equity and Inclusion employer committed to full inclusion and elimination of discrimination in all its forms. We strive to develop, promote and sustain a culture that values equity and leverages diversity and inclusiveness in all that we do.
Amida Care requires that all candidates selected for employment must provide proof of full Covid-19 Vaccination upon acceptance of an offer of employment.
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Services or 3 years’ experience in HIV medical case management, care coordination in a social service or medical setting
EXPERIENCES AND/OR SKILLS REQUIRED
• Demonstrated intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office and CRM databases.
• Demonstrated excellent communication skills: oral and written. Ability to maintain routine records pertaining to participant utilization of services as well as to prepare summaries.
• Demonstrated knowledge of sociological and behavioral factors influencing the behavior and attitudes of priority group members relative to program to which assigned.
• Demonstrated knowledge of HIV treatment adherence.
• Demonstrated judgment of safety, boundaries and confidentiality issues.
• PHYSICAL DEMANDS: This position is a field based position, the employee is constantly required to stand; walk; ride the bus/subway to all 5 boroughs of New York City. The employee commutes, approximately 75% of the time, to meetings, trainings, and home visits as scheduled throughout the year. The employee spends approximately 25% of the time writing and/or keyboarding. The employee works mostly outside and sometimes in a variety of weather conditions.
• Demonstrate understanding and sensitivity to multi-cultural values, beliefs, and attitudes of both internal and external contacts.
• Bilingual in Spanish preferred.