Enrollment and Comm. Engagement Liaison (TGNB)
Amida Care, the largest Medicaid HIV Special Needs Plan in NY, delivers a uniquely effective care model that has become a true benchmark for innovation, engagement, and member health outcomes. Our mission is to provide access to comprehensive care and coordinated services that facilitate positive health outcomes and general well-being for our members. This true integrative care model addresses psychosocial, housing, behavioral and medical services directly evolving around the needs of each member.
We are a community of individuals from diverse peoples who work together to actively foster a fair, equitable, inclusive environment where all employees receive an invitation to belong. Visit amidacareny.org for more information about the Amida Care culture.
We are actively seeking a highly motivated, innovative and experienced leader to join our team as the Enrollment and Community Engagement Liaison (Transgender and Non-Binary (TGNB) Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
The Enrollment and Community Engagement Liaison position is responsible for educating and assisting prospective members with enrollment into Amida Care’s Special Needs Plan and assisting current members with recertification as needed. This position supports internal and external functions to strengthen Amida Care’s relationships with new and existing community partners. In addition, under the direction of the Assistant Director of Events, the position serves as a subject matter expert for Amida Care’s Managed Care Plan and engages with the Transgender community in the discussion about building a partnership with Amida Care, provides support for organizing and participating in events, as well as, gathering feedback that influence how we outreach and educate the Transgender community. This includes being the in-person community representative as needed and requested, as well as, delivering activities and events that are innovative, engaging, and meaningful to the Transgender and Non-Binary (TGNB) population.
• Educate and assist prospective members with enrollment and recertification into the Amida Care plan in accordance with the New York State Marketplace guidelines.
• Support management in the development of outreach strategies that support growth from the Transgender and Non-Binary (TGNB) communities.
• Outreach prospective members received as a lead and /or other sources defined by management.
• Conduct outreach calls and as needed, site visits for members who need and/or request assistance with recertifying, including working on Amida Care’s Recreational Vehicles (RV).
• Documents activities and all member interaction via designated tools as provided or required by Amida Care.
• Under the direction and guidance of Event’s management, deliver presentations of Amida Care’s benefits, and services to the community.
• Participates in the decision of creating all promotional materials, including but not limited to marketing and outreach to the Transgender and Non-Binary (TGNB) community.
• Assist with event planning and implementation activities and actively participate in community events.
• Manage the feedback between Amida Care and the community to address issues or concerns that impact our relationship within the community. Report feedback to management.
• Act as the lead support for community activities and events during non-traditional work hours to further relationships and drive Amida Care growth efforts.
Amida Care is Diversity, Equity and Inclusion employer committed to full inclusion and elimination of discrimination in all its forms. We strive to develop, promote and sustain a culture that values equity and leverages diversity and inclusiveness in all that we do.
Amida Care requires that all candidates selected for employment must provide proof of full Covid-19 Vaccination upon acceptance of an offer of employment.
• High school diploma or GED Required
EXPERIENCES AND/OR SKILLS REQUIRED
• Prior health plan (Medicaid Managed Care) experience preferred.
• Completion of Certified Application Counselor Training (CAC) (within two months of hire) with New York State of Health Marketplace and subsequent completion of annual CAC Training; Certified CAC’s preferred.
• Experience working with the Transgender and Non-Binary (TGNB)community doing advocacy or related work required
• Two (2) years’ experience working in the field for a health plan, managed organization, Community Based Organization, private physician’s practice, or Health Center.
• Must be able to travel and work in all five boroughs of New York City
• Must be able to work flexible schedule as needed.
• Demonstrate computer proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel).
• Exhibit ability to learn and work with user-centric electronic systems and tools including a laptop and mobile phone.
• Demonstrate understanding and sensitivity to multi-cultural values, beliefs, and attitudes of both internal and external contacts.
• Demonstrate appropriate behaviors in accordance with the organization’s vision, mission, and values.