Vice President, Quality and Operations
Vice President of Quality and Operations Sought for Managed Care Association
Position Description –A Vice President for Quality and Operations is sought for a variety of activities within the Association for Community Affiliated Plans, a nonprofit trade association of more than 60 Safety Net Health Plans. The Vice President will be asked to do the following:
Quality and Operational Support
- Develop a quality agenda for the association, including position on quality metrics, quality improvement initiatives and research on quality in ACAP plans across the Medicaid, Medicare and Marketplace lines of business.
- Brief plan staff on various quality initiatives throughout the year, usually via teleconference.
- Facilitate roundtable discussions between plan staff on quality and operational issues.
- Work with the other Vice Presidents to develop ACAP positions on federal policy issues related to quality including drafting comments as warranted and vet with ACAP members.
- Develop benchmarking tools in conjunction with affiliated vendors.
- Develop quality improvement initiatives across the plans including learning networks and plan collaboratives
- Draft toolkits in relevant quality issues.
- Serve as a representative of ACAP on various quality committees and expert panels.
- Conduct and analyze surveys.
- Participate in various coalitions related to quality
- Conduct other duties as assigned
Grants Management and Development
- Identify and evaluate potential grant opportunities for ACAP and our members.
- Prepare grant applications.
- Manage grant activities including workplan development, completion of deliverables, vendor selection and oversight, and oversight of administrative requirements as appropriate.
- Manage Program Associates’ and interns’ work
- Manage contracts with outside consultants, including drafting and reviewing RFPs and overseeing project timelines and approving final work products
- Manage operational aspects of the Association as needed
- Manage the ACAP Board Committee that oversees ACAP’s Quality and Operations program issues.
- Participate in the planning effort for Board meetings and other ad hoc meetings.
- Manage planning process for meetings devoted to Quality and Operations.
- Brief plan CEOs and staff on various quality and operations issues throughout the year, usually via teleconference, annual face-to-face policy meetings, fly-ins and Board presentations.
- Conduct and analyze surveys and benchmarking studies.
Candidates must possess the following background and skills:
- Masters’ degree (completed or in process) preferred.
- 10-15 years of work experience.
- Preference given to applicants with strong experience in federal or state quality initiatives.
- Strong writing, analytical, presentation, management and organizational skills.
- Ability to work well independently.
- Management experience preferred.
Salary and Compensation — The salary range is commensurate with work experience and educational level. A competitive benefit package is offered. Please contact Meg Murray at 202.204.7509 or email@example.com.
The job is located in Washington, D.C.
The Association is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, religion, or national origin.