Vice President of Operations
Vice President of Operations
Amida Care, the largest Medicaid HIV Special Needs Plan in NY, delivers a uniquely effective care model that has become a true benchmark for innovation, engagement and member health outcomes. Our mission is to provide access to comprehensive care and coordinated services that facilitate positive health outcomes and general well-being for our members. This true integrative care model addresses psychosocial, housing, behavioral and medical services directly evolving around the needs of each member. We are actively seeking a highly motivated, innovative and experienced leader to join our team as the Vice President of Operations. The Vice President of Operations will be responsible for the health plan’s key operations areas and provide oversight and direction to Amida Care’s high performing member services, provider services, claims and vendor management teams. This position will also be a member of the executive leadership team. Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
In collaboration with and under the direction of the Chief Operations Officer (COO), the Vice President of Operations is responsible for managing all hands-on operational aspects of the plan and will assists the COO in successfully meeting the organizations goals. This senior role is responsible for the overall direction and administration of key operational departments, programs and services provided by the health plan.
• Responsible for the day-to-day operations of the health plan, including supervision and oversight of member services, provider services, claims and vendor management leaders.
• Provide leadership, management and vision necessary to ensure that the company has the proper operational controls, administrative and reporting procedures, and people systems in place to effectively grow the organization and to ensure financial strength and operating efficiency.
• Exercise management responsibility over the organization ensuring efficient services that are designed to meet the needs of members, providers, and the staff.
• Under the direction of the COO, the VP of Operations is responsible for articulating and implementing the vision and strategy for the Operations division that enables Amida Care to achieve its business strategies and goals.
• Ensure departmental compliance with contractual, regulatory and corporate requirements, guidelines, and goals including turnaround times and reporting.
• Other duties as assigned
Amida Care is Diversity, Equity and Inclusion employer committed to full inclusion and elimination of discrimination in all its forms. We strive to develop, promote and sustain a culture that values equity and leverages diversity and inclusiveness in all that we do.
Minimum of a Bachelors’ degree in Business, Health Services Administration or related field; Master preferred
EXPERIENCES AND/OR SKILLS REQUIRED
• 10-plus year’s progressive healthcare experience in managed care industry or related field
• Experience with Medicaid health plans preferred, including five at a senior level
• Working knowledge Medicaid regulatory reporting (MMCOR/SNPOR) by New York State Department of Health and CMS.
• Strong analytical, innovative and critical thinking skills
• Collaborative and inclusive leadership style. Open to feedback and considering new ideas and approaches.
• Exceptional interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills.
• Strong computer skills, including MS Office (EXCEL, Word, Power Point); knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics/Report Manager accounting software is a plus.
• Demonstrate understanding and sensitivity to multi-cultural values, beliefs, and attitudes of both internal and external contacts.
• Demonstrate appropriate behaviors in accordance with the organization’s vision, mission, and values.