Vice President of Analytics
Job Title: Vice President of Analytics
Location: Smithfield, RI
Job Description: Neighborhood Health Plan of Rhode Island has retained Morgan Consulting Resources, Inc. to conduct the search for their Vice President of Healthcare Analytics. This is an outstanding opportunity to join a very committed leadership team and build strong analytical capabilities within the organization. This newly created position is based in Providence, RI.
About the Organization:
Neighborhood Health Plan of Rhode Island (Neighborhood) is a non-profit HMO that was founded in 1994 to make sure everyone in the state has access to high-quality, low-cost health care. Neighborhood has been ranked as one of the top Medicaid health plans in America for the past twelve years and currently serves more than 200,000 members. Neighborhood also recently extended its great service, benefits and value to individuals and businesses through HealthSource RI – the state’s health insurance exchange. For more information about the organization, please visit: https://www.nhpri.org/Home.aspx.
About the Position:
Reporting to the COO, the Vice President will be responsible for overseeing the data analytics function within the health plan and managing a team of approximately 20 people. S/he will develop a strong platform to support multiple areas of the organization and ensure robust data is available to support the plan’s strategic direction and decision making process. We are looking for a strong leader who can operate both strategically and tactically and is motivated to build a highly effective data analytics department. The Vice President must have a strong understanding of healthcare analytics, big data, predictive modeling and statistics. The ideal candidate will lead with authority and have a genuine interest in mentoring staff. S/he must thrive in a highly collaborative, team-focused culture with a strong mission and commitment to members.
Description of Duties:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive strategic use of data to support business efficiencies, productivities, and competitive decision-making
- Standardize data governance for the entire enterprise
- Coordinate with IT Enterprise Architecture to ensure that technology enables analytics capabilities, and that data is reliable and accurate
- Develop and implement policies and procedures regarding all aspects of data management and integration
- Oversee applied statistical research and custom analysis of integrated healthcare data
- Ensure collaboration and communication between analysts from various disciplines within the organization (i.e. HEDIS coordination with Health Care Data Analysts)
- Provide guidance and oversight to all pieces of analysis distributed to the wider organization
- Establish centers of excellence within central analytics to cultivate subject matter expertise in specific functions and systems
- Create and execute development plan to grow sophistication and capabilities in data analysis
- Share joint responsibility for technology strategy and planning with Chief Information Officer and Corporate Strategy
- Work closely with Enterprise Architect to advocate for quality systems, software, and talent
- Drive greater use of data as a central part of decision-making in the enterprise
- Identify areas in the organization with open analytics needs and/or deficiencies; develop plans to close the gaps
- Advocate for data-driven decision making, both at the functional and Senior Leadership levels
- 10+ years of healthcare data and analytics experience, with 5+ years of management experience
- Deep knowledge of healthcare, statistics, and predictive modeling, proven experience translating big data into actionable outcomes
- Demonstrated capability in driving business result through modeling, segmentation, analysis, and refinement
- Ability to communicate statistical and technical ideas and results to non-technical clients in written and verbal form
- Bachelor degree in related field
- Graduate degree in computer science, statistics, or similar field
- Masters in Business Administration
If you or someone you know has the qualifications we seek, I’d love to set up a time to talk. Thank you so much for your time.
An essential responsibility of all Neighborhood employees is to comply with all applicable law, rules, regulations, policies, and procedures. We expect all employees to act with the highest ethical standards and integrity.
Morgan Consulting Resources, Inc.