Talent Development Manager
Apply on line at http://www.alohacare.org/Careers/Default.aspx
AlohaCare is a local, non-profit health plan serving the Medicaid and Medicare dual eligible population. We provide comprehensive managed care to qualifying health plan members through well-established partnerships with quality health care providers and community-governed health centers. Our mission is to serve individuals and communities in the true spirit of aloha by ensuring and advocating access to quality health care for all. This is accomplished with emphasis on prevention and primary care through community health centers that founded us and continue to guide us as well as with others that share our commitment. As Hawaii’s third-largest health plan, AlohaCare offers comprehensive prevention, primary and specialty care coverage in order to successfully build a healthy Hawaii.
AlohaCare employees share a passion for helping Hawaii’s most underserved communities. This passion for helping and caring for others is internalized and applied to our employees through a supportive and positive work environment, healthy work/life balance, continuous communication and a generous benefits package.
AlohaCare’s leadership empowers and engages its employees through frequent diversity, recognition, community, and educational events and programs. AlohaCare has a strong commitment to support Hawaii’s families and reinforces a healthy work/home balance for its employees. Because AlohaCare values honesty, respect and trust with both our internal and external customers, we encourage open-door, two-way communication through daily interactions, employee events and quarterly all-staff meetings. AlohaCare’s comprehensive benefits package includes low cost medical, dental, drug and vision insurance, PTO program, 401k employer contribution, referral bonus and pretax transportation and parking program.
These employee-focused efforts contribute to a friendly, team-oriented culture which is positively reflected into the communities we serve.
The Talent Development Manager is responsible for partnering with the Human Resources team and business leaders to drive talent management and leadership development strategies, tools and processes in the disciplines of talent assessment, competency identification, development planning, succession planning, training and coaching to develop leaders to meet the current/future business needs of the company. This role will establish measurements to assess the effectiveness of existing learning/development programs while simultaneously developing comprehensive training/mentoring processes that focus on improving capabilities and strengthening the skill set of the existing workforce.
Primary Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ensure an ongoing process exists which continuously enhances the knowledge and capability of key talent in order to enable these managers to effectively lead the organization toward achievement of strategic initiatives
• Conduct individual leadership, career and talent assessments as appropriate using a variety of tools
• Provide coaching and support to key leaders in the creation of robust individual development plans that meet succession, retention and career progression needs
• Serve as a resource to recruiting and business partners in the identification of candidates for critical roles
Training and Learning
• Creates and conducts New Hire Orientation experience for onboarding of new employees
• Identify or develop company-wide or individual learning initiatives that cost effectively focus employee development toward achievement of both business and personal career goals
• Conduct training needs assessment, recommending and implementing programs to support key skill areas
• Establishes measurements to assess the effectiveness of existing learning & development programs while simultaneously developing comprehensive training processes that focus on improving capabilities and strengthening the skill set of the existing workforce
• Works collaboratively with department managers to assure that they are meeting established training objectives for their staff
• Oversees Learning Management System
• Monitors and reports training statistics
• As a member of the Human Resources Team, contributes to both departmental and organizational objectives
• Keep up to date on best practices in management, leadership and organizational development areas to serve as a subject matter expert for the broader organization regarding critical people issues
• Contribute to development of employee engagement strategies that retain top talent
• Responsible to maintain AlohaCare’s confidential information in accordance with AlohaCare policies, and state and federal laws, rules and regulations regarding confidentiality. Employees have access to AlohaCare data based on the data classification assigned to this job title.
Requirements and Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Organizational Development, Psychology or related discipline.
• 5 years progressive experience in Human Resources
• Minimum 2 years experience in training/development
• Previous budget and staff supervisory experience
• Proven capabilities as a Leadership Coach and Performance Consultant
• Strong business acumen and ability to translate business strategy into organization development plans
• Excellent written, oral and positive influential interpersonal skills required; ability to communicate in both technical and non-technical terms
• Must be a poised, confident and engaging presenter of a wide variety of topics, both around operational tasks and “soft skills,” as learning needs dictate
• Superior collaboration and relationship building skills and ability to work with multiple departments and functions within the organization
• Ability to assess and track training effectiveness through the use of metrics as well as comprehend operations training requirements associated with Government related regulations
• Knowledge of adult learning methodologies and experience collaborating with the design of traditional classroom, web-based, and blended learning programs
• Knowledge of Learning Management/e-learning systems
• Solid knowledge of MS Office products including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook
• Strong planning, organizational, problem solving and time management skills
• Adaptability, flexibility and effectiveness in handling multiple priorities simultaneously
AlohaCare is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all applicants in accordance with sound practices and federal and state laws. Our policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex (including gender identity or expression), pregnancy, age, national origin, ancestry, marital status, arrest and court record, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, domestic or sexual violence victim status, credit history, citizenship status, military/veterans status, or other characteristics protected under applicable state and federal laws, regulations, and/or executive orders.Position Description »