Strategic Business Partnerships Specialist
To protect the health and well-being of our members, employees and community, CareOregon requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or have an approved medical or religious exception as a qualification of employment.
Candidates who receive an offer of employment by CareOregon, must provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination or submit a medical or religious exception request, which will be evaluated in accordance with CareOregon’s standard accommodation process.
General Statement of Duties
The purpose of this position is to ensure operational support to the Strategic Management Services (SMS) Division activities. This position participates in activities including, but not limited to: Operations oversight and monitoring, vendor and partnership management/support, and leadership support. This position supports internal programmatic development, operations, and policy advisement for multiple Coordinated Care Organizations (CCO) and ancillary services and agreements, including the following, but not limited to: Non-emergency medical transportation (NEMT), strategic business partnerships, and health-related services operations. This person is instrumental in assisting CCOs and CareOregon functional areas to ensure quality of service, program compliance, policy development, and consistent communication between CCOs, CareOregon functions, delegated entities or providers, and internal departments.
Essential Position/Department/Organizational Functions
Operational Oversight & Monitoring
• In partnership with internal teams, ensure new and assigned programs and activities are in compliance with all relevant internal and external policies.
• Provide support to areas and functions of CareOregon concerning vendor and partner agreements.
• Provide regular updates to CCO and CareOregon leadership on program status.
• Assist in defining goals and tracking progress toward organization, department, division, and team goals.
• Coordinate and participate in periodic audits, general quality management and improvement activities, and other performance measurement activities, that may include participation in the analysis and summary of data for written reports.
• Assist with reviewing audit and utilization data to identify and implement continuous improvement opportunities.
• Make formal and informal presentations and reports for training, program status, progress, and quality management of partnership agreements.
• Keep abreast of all OHP/MAP/Medicare rules and regulations that are relevant to NEMT, health-related services, and other designated topics related to assigned partnership activities.
• Represent CCO and CareOregon staff at state workgroups and RACs for NEMT, health-related services, and other designated topics related to assigned partnership activities.
• Monitor expenses and perform utilization review to identify areas that CCOs and CareOregon departments could create programmatic and medical cost savings within transportation and health-related services programs.
• As necessary, develop and oversee implementation of vendor performance improvement plan(s) to ensure high quality service.
• Create standardized processes and reporting tools for CareOregon, vendor, and partner CCO staff to access as needed.
• Assure that policies and procedures, workflows, standard operations and other tools are created for use in program activity.
• Keep current on system processes and issues, including QNXT functions and SharePoint, including upgrades and changes.
Vendor and Partner Management and Support
• Provide critical vendor management and program evaluation support to CCOs and CareOregon.
• Act as subject matter expert on assigned vendor and partnership activities.
• As assigned, act as single point of contact to vendor and partners.
• Foster positive and collaborative relationships with partnered organizations, delegated entities, and internal departments.
• Create and perform trainings or informational sharing activities to CareOregon and CCO partners that explain the services, programs, and associated processes to connect members to vendor and partner assignments
• Work in collaboration with identified CareOregon staff to develop and maintain visual aids and tracking systems.
• Collaborate with internal departments to ensure the integration of assigned program activities with other lines of business, departments, and programs as directed.
• Act as liaison between assigned vendor and partner agreements and CO departments, including but not limited to finance, legal affairs, brand marketing and communications, and IS departments.
• Complete special projects and other duties as assigned.
• Supervise the day-to-day work of AmeriCorps VISTA team members. This includes coaching on task completion, project management of staff requests, tracking of progress reports and any deliverables, and coordination of volunteer/employment issues.
Essential Department and Organizational Functions
• Propose and implement process improvements.
• Meet deadlines for completion of workload.
• Maintain agreed upon work schedule.
• Demonstrate cooperation and teamwork.
• Provide cross-training on specific job responsibilities.
• Meet identified business goals that contribute to departmental goals.
• Perform other duties as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
• Knowledge of transportation and health fund programs across CCO structure
• Knowledge of risk management and compliance programs
• Understanding of regulatory activities related to Medicare and Medicaid programs
• Ability to maintain productive, collaborative relationships with vendors, CCO and CO functional staff
• Ability to use good judgment, personal initiative and discretion to perform confidential program review and evaluation work with attention to detail
• Ability to anticipate next steps, be proactive and collaborate with coworkers and others
• Ability to assemble, analyze, edit and summarize material, information and data for delivery to and stakeholders
• Excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks
• Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing,
• Ability to work under pressure in a complex and rapidly changing environment
• Work independently and make decisions appropriate to the situation
• Ability to use computer software for word processing, data analysis and electronic mail
• Ability to work in an environment with diverse individuals and groups
• Present a positive and professional image
• Meet department timelines as established by manager and/or stakeholders
• Assure the creation of policies and procedures
Physical Skills and Abilities
Lifting/Carrying up to 0 Pounds
Pushing/Pulling up to 0 Pounds
Pinching/Retrieving Small Objects
Shoulder/Neck Movement 0 hours/day
More than 6 hours/day Standing
Speaking Clearly 0 hours/day
More than 6 hours/day
More than 6 hours/day
Cognitive and Other Skills and Abilities
Ability to focus on and comprehend information, learn new skills and abilities, assess a situation and seek or determine appropriate resolution, accept managerial direction and feedback, and tolerate and manage stress.
Education and/or Experience
Minimum 3 years’ experience in operational roles, project or program coordination, process management, or vendor management or support required. Experience working in the health industry and/or with developing programs and social support programs for low-income individuals strongly preferred. Preference may also be given to candidates with a relevant bachelor’s or master’s degree.
• Environment: This position’s primary responsibilities typically take place in the following environment(s) (check all that apply on a regular basis):
☒ Inside/office ☐ Clinics/health facilities ☐ Member homes
• Travel: This position may include occasional required or optional travel outside of the workplace, in which the employee’s personal vehicle, local transit, or other means of transportation may be used.
• Equipment: General office equipment
• Hazards: n/a
Candidates of color are strongly encouraged to apply. CareOregon is committed to building a linguistically and culturally diverse and inclusive work environment
Veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
Equal opportunity employer. This company considers all candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.