Senior Financial Analytics Consultant
We have an opportunity to join the Alliance as a Senior Financial Analytics Consultant in the Financial Planning and Analysis Department.
This position can be filled in any of our offices (Merced, Salinas, Scotts Valley), or remotely within California.
We are a group of over 500 dedicated employees, committed to our mission of providing accessible, quality health care that is guided by local innovation. We feel that our work is bigger than ourselves. We leave work each day knowing that we made a difference in the community around us.
Join us at Central California Alliance for Health (the Alliance), where you will be part of a culture that is respectful, diverse, professional and fun, and where you are empowered to do your best work. As a regional non-profit health plan, we serve members in Merced, Monterey and Santa Cruz counties.
WHAT YOU’LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR
Under direction, you will
• Act as a lead consultant in the process of analyzing business and financial data and medical cost patterns, trends, and drivers to develop solutions and recommendations, identify analytics and medical cost improvement opportunities, and providing proactive, strategic consultative solutions that are actionable, accessible, and auditable
• Build complex financial and data analysis related to industry trends, operational impacts, and modeling of financial scenarios to support decision making and leads complex analytics projects
• Provide subject matter expertise and assisting with providing orientation, mentoring, and training to subordinate Financial Analytics Consultants
ABOUT THE TEAM
We ensure the Alliance’s stewardship of appropriate use of public funds through recoveries, coordination of benefits, contract negotiations and insurance.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL
To read the full position description, and list of requirements please visit our website.
o Research, medical cost analysis and reporting methods
o General health service research, outcomes reporting/analytics and program outcomes evaluation
o Healthcare industry specific terms and healthcare related data types and structures, including member, claims, clinical and provider data
o Budgeting and forecasting methodology
o Quantitative data analysis methodologies and analytical tools related to reporting medical cost analysis
o Healthcare industry and healthcare information standards such as HL7, LOINC, FHIR, ICD 9/10 and CPT codes, industry standard groupers, such as ETGs, DRGs, and DCGs
o Methods and techniques of regulatory reporting
o Descriptive statistical techniques and terminology
o Collect, interpret, and evaluate data, detect patterns, brainstorm solutions, consider multiple factors when making decisions, and project consequences of recommendations
o Develop data-driven and outcome-based initiatives to improve business decision making
o Translate data into understandable information and deliver solutions that improve business processes
o Create systems to monitor data errors
o Perform technical and non-technical troubleshooting and diagnose and resolve complex problems, including problems that may have multiple variables and may not have obvious solutions
o Act as a technical resource, provide guidance related to area of assignment, and explain related regulations, processes, and programs
Education and Experience:
o Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Finance, Business, Healthcare Administration, Quantitative Analysis or a related field
o A minimum of five years of financial analytics experience which included four years in a healthcare setting (a Master’s degree may substitute for two years of the required experience); or an equivalent combination of education and experience may be qualifying.
• While this position is connected to one of our Alliance offices, we are in hybrid remote/in-office work environment right now and we anticipate that the interview process will take place remotely.
• Our Alliance office locations have officially re-opened as of May 2, 2022 and while some employees may work in full-time telecommute schedules, attendance at quarterly company-wide events or department meetings will be expected.
• Based on the nature of work, this position may require onsite presence, which is dependent on business need. Details about this can be reviewed during the interview process.
COVID-19 Vaccine Requirement: At this time, this position requires vaccination or regular testing upon office entry. Fully vaccinated and boosted is defined as receipt of the second dose in a 2-dose series (ex: Pfizer & Moderna vaccines) OR receipt of a single-dose vaccine (ex: Johnson & Johnson); AND receipt of the booster (if eligible); AND a 2-week period having passed since the administration of the last vaccine dose. If you state that you are vaccinated, proof of vaccination must be submitted at time of hire.
• Medical, Dental and Vision Plans
• Ample Paid Time Off
• 11 Paid Holidays per year
• 401(a) Retirement Plan
• 457 Deferred Compensation Plan
• Robust Health and Wellness Program
• Onsite EV Charging Stations
• And many more
At this time the Alliance does not provide any type of sponsorship. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time, ongoing basis without current or future needs for any type of employer supported or provided sponsorship.