Senior Director of Integrated Care
Amida Care is a Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion employer committed to full inclusion and elimination of discrimination in all its forms. We strive to develop, promote, and sustain a culture that values equity and leverages diversity and inclusiveness in all that we do.
This position is responsible for programmatic development, implementation and oversight of the Amida Care Integrated Care (ICT) model by assuring high quality, cost-effective clinical care delivery for the members of Amida Care. This position provides direct supervision to ICT management and clinical leadership to ICT staff. This position is also responsible for Amida Care’s Health Home Program including compliance with all related, established regulatory requirements and ensuring development and implementation of new requirements. Serves as Amida Care’s Children’s Behavioral Health Director and is directly responsible to ensure all Children’s Behavioral Health and HARP related requirements are met.
Essential functions are job duties and responsibilities that must be performed to accomplish the purpose/ goals of the job.
• Participates in new and ongoing program development and implementation and provides supervision and direction of staff and the programs to ensure that Amida Care attains goals and desired outcomes. Provides program oversight and analyses to ensure efficiency in processes and makes adjustments as necessary.
• Provide clinical guidance, oversight and support to the Integrated Care Teams, Care Coordinator/Team Lead, members of the care team and any other supporting staff, to ensure timely collection of data, ongoing provider and member outreach and documentation of outreach activities and outcomes.
• Lead Health Home Unit operations and overall health home activities for the organization including the development, implementation and maintenance of new and existing regulatory requirements as well as Amida Care initiatives. Ensures health home activities, provider oversight and support to Health Home unit staff. Monitors adherence to workflows and regulatory requirements and to promote their work within the context of the Integrated Care Team.
• Serves as Amida Care’s “BH Clinical Director for Children’s Services” as required by DOH/OMH/OASAS/OPWDD and ensures that all key functions are adhered to as outlined in the Children’s transition RFQ.
• Responsible for maintaining and co-chairing the Behavioral Health quality subcommittees; ensuring that all RFQ requirements are met such as having the appropriate participants, required data elements and analysis represented and that recommendations and follow up are carried out.
• Leads the cross functional effort for the ongoing development and maintenance of the case management software utilized in health services to ensure workflow efficacy and necessary integration across departments to assist staff to best serve the Amida are membership.
• Responsible for the hiring and retention of quality staff and the on-going planning, monitoring, training, coaching, evaluation, and appraisal of staff performance and development to ensure successful achievement of goals and objectives.
• Monitor effectiveness of the Children’s Behavioral Health carve-in activity and Health and Recovery Plan (HARP); regularly review program reports and statistics; ensure programs are in compliance with Federal and State requirements. Provide direct supervisor with regular reports on performance of and/or issues with the programs.
• Responsible to create, disseminate and train staff on newly required policies and procedures pertaining to areas of oversight and to maintain accuracy of ICT, Behavioral Health, Children’s BH requirements/Health and Recovery Plan (HARP) and Health Homes P&Ps. Trains staff to be compliant and monitors staff adherence to P&Ps.
• Contribute, as needed, in the review of policies, procedures, and methods used in Amida Care’s ICT and Behavioral Health programs for effectiveness and consistency with service goals and standards; recommend new strategies, services and programs based on community needs; identify potential problems and generate innovative and creative solutions.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
• Master’s Degree in Social Work – Licensed Master Social Worker (LMSW) or Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) preferred or other Licensed Behavioral Health Professional.
• Seven (7) years’ experience in a Behavioral Health (BH) managed care setting or BH clinical setting, including at least two (2) years’ managed care experience (preferably Medicaid Managed Care).
• At least Five (5) years of experience working with Children
• Five (5) years’ hospital based or community based case management experience preferred.
• Five (5) years substance abuse program experience preferred.
• Strong knowledge of the New York State Health Home Program.
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word and Excel).
• Demonstrate understanding and sensitivity to multi-cultural values, beliefs, and attitudes of both internal and external contacts.
• Demonstrate appropriate behaviors in accordance with the organization’s vision, mission, and values.Position Description »