Senior Data Analyst
Apply on line at http://www.alohacare.org/Careers/Default.aspx
AlohaCare is a local, non-profit health plan serving the Medicaid and Medicare dual eligible population. We provide comprehensive managed care to qualifying health plan members through well-established partnerships with quality health care providers and community-governed health centers. Our mission is to serve individuals and communities in the true spirit of aloha by ensuring and advocating access to quality health care for all. This is accomplished with emphasis on prevention and primary care through community health centers that founded us and continue to guide us as well as with others that share our commitment. As Hawaii’s third-largest health plan, AlohaCare offers comprehensive prevention, primary and specialty care coverage in order to successfully build a healthy Hawaii.
AlohaCare employees share a passion for helping Hawaii’s most underserved communities. This passion for helping and caring for others is internalized and applied to our employees through a supportive and positive work environment, healthy work/life balance, continuous communication and a generous benefits package.
AlohaCare’s leadership empowers and engages its employees through frequent diversity, recognition, community, and educational events and programs. AlohaCare has a strong commitment to support Hawaii’s families and reinforces a healthy work/home balance for its employees. Because AlohaCare values honesty, respect and trust with both our internal and external customers, we encourage open-door, two-way communication through daily interactions, employee events and quarterly all-staff meetings. AlohaCare’s comprehensive benefits package includes low cost medical, dental, drug and vision insurance, PTO program, 401k employer contribution, referral bonus and pretax transportation and parking program.
These employee-focused efforts contribute to a friendly, team-oriented culture which is positively reflected into the communities we serve.
Responsible for supporting the use and understanding of available data within AlohaCare. Works to maintain and improve data captured in organization’s databases. Conducts ad hoc analyses, prepares reports and presents information to support data-driven decision making.
Primary Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Identifies data requirements by partnering with managers and other stakeholders.
• Designs and analyzes data from operational and analytical databases using T-SQL query language, R statistical programming language, or other analytical techniques. Prepares accurate reports and presents findings.
• Partners with managers in the methodological design and analysis of health outcomes studies. Assists in the development of reports to satisfy contractual reporting requirements, track and trend health plan performance, effect and facilitate ongoing performance monitoring of program(s).
• Works with the Business Solutions Architect to develop additional data components in the data warehouse
• Creates and maintains supporting project documentation (SQL, data request, data sets) and ensures distribution of documentation to appropriate staff as required.
• Provides data and analytical support for department and organizational initiatives.
• Assists with standardized and automated report development using SSRS and QlikView.
• Mentors other Data Analysts in the use of available statistical and analytical tools (e.g. SQL, Excel, R, reporting tools) as appropriate, including training sessions and support.
• Assign and monitor requests submitted through Data Request application.
• Serve as a liaison between the Data Analysts and other departments in need of complex analyses or evaluation project.
• Performs other duties as assigned by Information Systems Managers, Directors, and CIO.
• Responsible to maintain AlohaCare’s confidential information in accordance with AlohaCare policies, and state and federal laws, rules and regulations regarding confidentiality. Employees have access to AlohaCare data based on the data classification assigned to this job title.
Required Competencies & Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s Degree with emphasis in computer science, information systems, public health, health sciences, data analysis, or related field.
• 5+ years professional training or work experience which demonstrates the ability to perform the duties required for the position.
• Experience using SQL, Excel, other statistical/analytical tools and understanding of logic operators and conditional statements.
• Working knowledge of healthcare industry.
• Knowledge of relational databases and structures.
• Strong problem solving and reasoning skills.
• Experience with computer systems and software programs such as R/SAS/SPSS or equivalent statistical package.
• Ability and enthusiasm to collaborate on complex analytic project requirements and results with a broad range of stakeholders.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with cross functional teams.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Achieves results, builds trust, communicate effectively, customer and quality focused.
• Ability to multi-task, organize, adapt to changing priorities, and manage a diversity of high priority projects in a fast-paced environment.
• Requires operation of general office equipment to include; PC, fax/copy machine and ACD Mitel Phones.
• Advanced skill using Microsoft Programs; Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
Preferred Competencies & Qualifications:
• SSRS, QlikView, or reporting automation experience.
• Experience with Health Catalyst Utilities and Data Warehouse
• Health care industry experience within managed care, hospital, medical office or equivalent preferred.
• Knowledge of health research methodology, biostatistics, and medical terminology.
Physical Demands/Working Conditions:
• Inside working conditions.
• No environmental hazards.
• Sedentary Work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
AlohaCare is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all applicants in accordance with sound practices and federal and state laws. Our policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex (including gender identity or expression), pregnancy, age, national origin, ancestry, marital status, arrest and court record), disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, domestic or sexual violence victim status, credit history, citizenship status, military/veterans status, or other characteristics protected under applicable state and federal laws, regulations, and/or executive orders.Position Description »