Senior Clinical Pharmacist
Oversee and participates in the provision of comprehensive Medication Therapy Management (MTM or MTMP) Services to all eligible members/patients and make recommendations and modifications in drug therapy with prescribers and members/patients. Also, a contributor to all clinical pharmacy related issues and initiatives. S/he monitors clinical trends and utilization and offers clinical modeling to deliver effective results for our patients. Builds and creates custom programs to better improved member pharmaceutical care. Within areas of responsibility, works closely with PBM to uphold and maintain the formulary and formulary related initiatives to insure patients have access to both a clinically and financially sound formulary.
Essential functions are job duties and responsibilities that must be performed to accomplish the purpose/ goals of the job.
• Responsible for the provision of MTM services to all Amida Care Members identified under the supervision of the VP of Pharmacy Services
• Responsible for making real time interventions with the prescribers, providers, members and case management staff to facilitate optimal drug therapy
• Critically evaluate a member’s medication profile to ensure that each medication is indicated, effective, safe, and that the patient is adherent to therapy
• Develop and incorporate specific drug use reviews (DURs) into pharmacy operations with the goal of optimizing outcomes. (E.g. evaluation of pharmaceutical interventions impact on overall clinical and financial outcomes)
• Interact with member, caregivers/family, and providers(s), to obtain essential clinical information required to evaluate patient history and current state of health
• Maintain required documentation for all activities and medication recommendations
• Participate in the development and maintenance of Amida Care Formulary activities as required
• Participate in the implementation and maintenance of the Pharmacy utilization management program as required
• Establish, maintain and enhance supportive relationships with Amida Care Providers(prescribers and pharmacists) and conduct academic detailing to enhance drug information and utilization patterns
• Development and analysis of pharmacy reports to determine opportunities for clinical and/or operational intervention, mitigation of fraud, waste and abuse and improvement of overall quality measures
• Support the oversight of pharmacies in the pharmacy network; duties to ensure appropriate dispensing practices including but not limited to Pharmacy audit, administrative procedures, medication dispensing, compounding, patient counseling, outcomes monitoring
• Develop technical solutions to complex problems which require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity
• Support Fraud and Abuse program system oversight. Communicate any suspected pharmacy or patient fraud to compliance. Recommend a course of action complying with guidelines and general accepted pharmacy standards.
Include other significant responsibilities needed to accomplish job purpose/goals that are performed on a daily or infrequent basis.
• Work collaboratively with internal stakeholders: Chief Medical Officer, medical directors, pharmacists, pharmacy technicians, nurse case managers, social workers, behavioral health specialists, case management, etc.
• Present complex medical management cases to Clinical Committees as required to maximize outcomes and reduce/avoid costs
• Works independently, with guidance in only the most complex situations
• Demonstrates a high level of energy, enthusiasm and self-motivation
• Provide guidance and direction to pharmacy students on rotation at Amida Care
• Perform other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
• A Doctor of Pharmacy Degree from an accredited college of pharmacy; is required
• Medication Therapy Management (MTM) pharmacy experience or completion of MTM training required
• Maintain an active New York State (NYS) Pharmacy license
• Knowledge of HIV, psychopharmacology and/or pain management preferred
• Previous experience with Motivational Interviewing, behavior change model or similar tools
• Board Certification in Pharmacy Specialty (e.g. AAHIVP, BCPS) required
• Accredited Pharmacy Residency preferred
• Two(2) to Five(5) years’ of successful experience working with targeted population, preferred
• Working knowledge of Retail Pharmacy; is familiar with a variety of pharmacy concepts, dispensing practices and procedures
• Strong written and verbal communication skills in English
• Some research experience participation
• Membership and active participation with a national pharmaceutical organization (e.g. AMCP, ASHP, APhA)
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word and Excel)
• Demonstrate understanding and sensitivity to multi-cultural values, beliefs, and attitudes of both internal and external contacts
• Demonstrate appropriate behaviors in accordance with the organization’s vision, mission, and values