Project Manager, Business Systems Analyst
Full-Time w/ Benefits.
Telecommute from home available for Candidates Residing in California
Founded in 1987, the Health Plan of San Mateo (HPSM) is a managed care plan that offers health coverage and a provider network to San Mateo County’s underserved Medi-Cal population. We have a culture focused on kindness, advocacy, and pride in our mission.
We believe that Healthy is for everyone—and we fight to make that possible.
Over 90% of our employees say that they take pride in the work they are doing at HPSM. Come find out why we love to do what we do.
This role serves as a bridge between the business departments and the IT/technical teams to develop and implement business solutions in a coordinated cost-effective way. This position will also serve as project manager for assigned projects.
Your job duties will include:
- Improving organizational and staff performance by analyzing/developing workflows, processes, and functional gaps and developing optimal
- Serving as project lead during application selection and implementation, facilitating communication between and decision-making of the business and technical
- Developing test scripts and manage User Acceptance Testing (UAT) for
- Serving as project lead for non-application projects assigned, providing operational and analytical support for cross-departmental
- Working closely with affected business units and associated technical teams, develop and maintain appropriate documentation for application implementation, including workflow diagrams, business requirements, requirements management plans, system implementation work plans, change management documentation, and other documents as
- Working with the Information Technology teams to identify potential solutions to business problems that require a technical
- Managing vendor relationships, with focused effort during periods of application
- Developing systems and processes to support operational
- Compiling data, analyze information, and prepare
- Facilitating and documenting
- Communicating information in an organized and easy-to-understand manner, translating business needs to the technical team and vice
- Serving as liaison between business units and technical teams to ensure that all parties of a project are working in a cohesive manner toward optimal organizational
- Ensuring timely completion of all
- Researching issues related to assigned projects, including regulatory compliance; identify impact on the plan.
- Assisting in the development of policies and
- Other duties as assigned.
The following represents the typical qualifications, skills and knowledge necessary to be eligible for this position.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or other related Master’s degree preferred.
- At least three (3) years direct work experience in business analysis or project management with business analysis
- Experience in healthcare or managed care environment
- Personal computers and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite applications, including Outlook, Word, Excel, Access and
- Process/workflow design, root cause analysis, and documentation
- Computer systems technology sufficient to offer solutions to business owner’s
- Information systems, business processes, and the key drivers and/or measures of success for the healthcare
- SQL query development
- Produce accurate and precise work, detect discrepancies and resolve discrepancies all while meeting deadlines.
- Demonstrate strong analytical skills and problem solving skills as well as formulate and communicate recommendations for improvement as
- Demonstrate strong organizational, time management, and project management skills and multi- tasking
- Learn new software applications as
- Establish and maintain effective and cooperative working relationships with HPSM staff and others contacted in the course of the
- Assume responsibility and exercise good judgement in making decisions within the scope of authority of the
- Think and work effectively and creatively under pressure and accurately complete tasks within established
- Prioritize tasks and meet
- Work cooperatively with
- Work effectively independently as well as part of a team and support team
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in
- Adapt to changes in requirements/priorities for daily and specialized
Compensation and Benefits
- Starting Compensation Range: Depending on Experience
- Benefits Information: Excellent benefits package offered, including HPSM paid premiums for employee’s Medical, Dental and Vision coverage. Employee pays a small portion of the dependent premiums (5%) for medical and dental benefits. Additional HPSM benefits include fully paid life, AD&D, and LTD insurance; retirement plan (HPSM contributes equivalent of 10% of annual compensation); holiday and vacation pay; tuition reimbursement plan; and more.
How to Apply
- Application Process: To apply, submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Health Plan of San Mateo is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages minority candidates of all backgrounds to apply.