Performance Improvement Specialist
Responsible for oversight and plan development of quality improvement initiatives, internal and external education, coordination of improvement projects, conducting data collection, reporting and monitoring of key performance measurement indicators, and providing subject matter expertise regarding quality improvement approaches. Occasionally this position may be asked to travel to another community office location to maintain coverage.
– Implementing identified quality strategies, which may include initiation and management of provider, member and/or community interventions (e.g., identifying and removing barriers to care); preparation for quality oversight surveys; and other federal and state required quality activities.
– Monitoring performance and quality activities for timely completion and accuracy.
– Preparing and presenting executive and detail level summary of quality activities as needed.
– Writing narrative reports to interpret regulatory specifications, explain programs and results of programs, and document findings of department interventions.
– Creating, managing and/or compiling the required documentation to maintain critical quality improvement functions.
– Leading quality improvement activities, meetings and discussions with and between other departments within the organization.
– Evaluating project/program activities and results to identify gaps and opportunities for improvement.
– Attending meetings/trainings as needed to stay informed of changes in clinical best practices, local, State, Federal and Division requirements.
– Other tasks, duties, projects and programs as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
– Experience working with quality improvement approaches and strategies
– High level of diplomacy and discretion is required to effectively negotiate and resolve issues
– Self-motivated with strong organizational, multi-tasking, planning, and follow up skills.
– Excellent written and oral communication skills.
– Demonstrate strong business writing skills.
– Retain large amounts of information and be able to interpret written rules/regulations.
– Possess organization skills that allow them to balance a wide variety of task in a time effective manner.
– Demonstrate proficiency in Visio or flow chart equivalent and Microsoft Office products and be able to quickly learn new software tools.
Education and Experience:
– Bachelor’s Degree in Social Services, Public Health, or Healthcare Administration or in a related field. May substitute for equivalent experience.
– 3 years of healthcare or behavioral healthcare experience with 1-year experience in health-related quality improvement, or equivalent experience.
– 1 year of experience in Medicare and/or Medicaid preferred.
– Formal training in quality improvement techniques preferred.
Licensure and/or Certification
Preferred but not required:
– Certified Professional in Health Quality (CPHQ)
– Nursing License (RN)
– Lean Six Sigma certification
Equal Opportunity Employer/ Protected Veteran/ Individuals with Disabilities
Cardinal Innovations is firmly committed to the policy of providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all of its employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, age, color, sex, religion, creed, veteran status, genetic information, national origin, non-job related disability, sexual orientation, and/or gender identity or expression (except as mandated by law). Employment at Cardinal is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications directly related to professional competence. For that reason, we consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Our equal employment opportunity philosophy complies with federal, state and local law and applies to all aspects of employment with Cardinal, including recruiting, hiring, training, transfer/promotion, compensation, benefits and termination.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by contacting Cardinal’s Human Resources department at HumanResources@cardinalinnovations.org Someone from the HR team will reach out to see how we may be able to assist.Position Description »