Member Services Director
We are a group of over 500 dedicated employees, committed to our mission of providing accessible, quality health care that is guided by local innovation. We feel that our work is bigger than ourselves. We leave work each day knowing that we made a difference in the community around us.
Join us at Central California Alliance for Health (the Alliance), where you will be part of a culture that is respectful, diverse, professional and fun, and where you are empowered to do your best work. As a regional non-profit health plan, we serve approximately 350,000 members in Santa Cruz, Monterey and Merced counties. To learn more about us, click here or check out this video.
WHAT YOU’LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR
As the Member Services Director you will provide strategic management oversight in implementing, directing and monitoring the Alliance’s Member Services functions. You will also direct the Member Services Department, acting as a subject matter expert, and providing executive level advice and guidance on member services issues and overall business operations. Additionally, you will direct, manage and supervise Member Services Department staff.
ABOUT THE TEAM
The Member Services team is a dedicated, mission-driven group of individuals who have a passion for the work we do to ensure our members have awareness and access to our quality healthcare services. We take great pride in the impact our work has on our members, providers and community.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE
- Expertise leading the member services function within community-based health plan environments
- Strategic vision and a passion for developing and implementing new programs
- Focus on collaboration and engagement with an ability to build connections with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Strength in process and quality improvement
- Commitment to team development and ensuring a professional environment that is engaging, supportive, professional and fun
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL
- Knowledge of:
- The member services function in a healthcare environment
- Promotion and application of change management principles
- Principles and practices of customer service, outreach and engagement
- Medi-Cal, Medicaid, Medicare, government programs and related regulations
- Ability to:
- Direct, manage, supervise, mentor, train and evaluate the work of staff
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, organize work, and achieve goals and timelines
- Foster effective working relationships, influence others, and build consensus with individuals at all levels in the organization.
- Education and Experience:
- Master’s degree in Public Health, Business, Health Administration or a related field
- A minimum of eight years of management experience within a health care organization, which included experience with the Medi-Cal program and member services, or an equivalent combination of education and experience which would provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities may be qualifying. (Note: A Bachelor’s degree and an additional two years of qualifying experience may substitute for the Master’s Degree.)
To read the full position description, and list of requirements click here.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Plans
- Ample Paid Time Off
- 11 Paid Holidays per year
- 401(a) Retirement Plan
- 457 Deferred Compensation Plan
- Robust Health and Wellness Program
- Fresh Fruit Delivery
- EV Charging Stations
- And many more