Medicare Sales Manager
Apply on line at http://www.alohacare.org/Careers/Default.aspx
AlohaCare is a local, non-profit health plan serving the Medicaid and Medicare dual eligible population. We provide comprehensive managed care to qualifying health plan members through well-established partnerships with quality health care providers and community-governed health centers. Our mission is to serve individuals and communities in the true spirit of aloha by ensuring and advocating access to quality health care for all. This is accomplished with emphasis on prevention and primary care through community health centers that founded us and continue to guide us as well as with others that share our commitment. As Hawaii’s third-largest health plan, AlohaCare offers comprehensive prevention, primary and specialty care coverage in order to successfully build a healthy Hawaii.
AlohaCare employees share a passion for helping Hawaii’s most underserved communities. This passion for helping and caring for others is internalized and applied to our employees through a supportive and positive work environment, healthy work/life balance, continuous communication and a generous benefits package.
AlohaCare’s leadership empowers and engages its employees through frequent diversity, recognition, community, and educational events and programs. AlohaCare has a strong commitment to support Hawaii’s families and reinforces a healthy work/home balance for its employees. Because AlohaCare values honesty, respect and trust with both our internal and external customers, we encourage open-door, two-way communication through daily interactions, employee events and quarterly all-staff meetings. AlohaCare’s comprehensive benefits package includes low cost medical, dental, drug and vision insurance, PTO program, 401k employer contribution, referral bonus and pretax transportation and parking program.
These employee-focused efforts contribute to a friendly, team-oriented culture which is positively reflected into the communities we serve.
• Responsible for execution of sales strategies and activities to meet sales goals.
• Responsible for managing Medicare Sales Department staff and resources to support achievement of AlohaCare’s strategic goals.
• Represent AlohaCare in a highly professional manner consistent with organizational values and branding objectives.
• Participates in on-going identification and adaptation of processes and practices to meet departmental objectives.
• Facilitates inter-departmental collaboration for projects, process improvement and on-going operations.
• Responsible to maintain AlohaCare’s confidential information in accordance with AlohaCare policies, and state and federal laws, rules and regulations regarding confidentiality. Employees have access to AlohaCare data based on the data classification assigned to this job title
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
• Oversees strategies and activities to meet goals stated in the current AlohaCare Medicare Sales Business Plan.
• Serve as AlohaCare’s organizational subject matter expert and resource on Medicare sales.
• Oversee development and execution of member, staff and community Medicare educational efforts.
• Support development and maintenance of organizational partnerships, including co-branding efforts.
• Support branding consistent with organizational goals.
• Support department participation in organizational-wide efforts such as open enrollment, CMS audits, quality initiatives, NCQA accreditation, MQD contract readiness and other activities.
• Support production of reports including fulfillment of regulatory requirements and organizational needs.
• Contribute to the development and execution of Medicare related communication products, including marketing materials, surveys, directories, manuals, handbooks, website, newsletters and advisories.
• Seek and share industry information that informs AlohaCare of current issues in the health industry and communities we serve.
• Represent AlohaCare at external events including exhibit booths, conference and meetings.
• Facilitate inter-departmental collaboration for projects, process improvement and on-going operations.
• Supervise department staff performance.
• Provides Medicare sales related training.
Provides opportunities for professional development.
• Supports the Product Team’s agent/broker field oversight activities.
• Ensures compliance with all Medicare, Medicaid and applicable federal, state and AlohaCare requirements.
• Ensure department staff complies with licensing and certification requirements.
• Reconciles incentive and commissions and reimbursement arrangements for accuracy as necessary and appropriate.
• Maintains and carries out applicable policies and procedures.
Required Competencies & Qualifications:
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Minimum of 5 years of sales experience
• Current State of Hawaii, Life and Health Resident Producer License.
• Current AHIP Medicare Sales Certification/Recertification.
• Current valid Hawaii driver’s license and access to an insured vehicle.
• Positive attitude and ability to motivate others.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, including public speaking and interpersonal interaction.
• Self-motivated, efficient, detail oriented, excellent organization and time management skills.
• Flexible and adaptable to changing priorities.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft programs: Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
• Ability to think critically.
• Ability to work effectively with a wide range of audiences, including beneficiaries, businesses and community organizations.
• Knowledge of Medicare and/or Medicaid.
• Knowledge of health plan operations
• Experience with healthcare laws, regulations and standards, including CMS Medicare Marketing Guidelines and HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act).
• Event planning experience.
Physical Demands/Working Conditions:
• Indoor and occasional outdoor working conditions.
• No environmental hazards
• Requires operation computer workstation, including keyboard and video display terminal.
• Sedentary Work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
• Requires on-island vehicular travel & occasional inter-island travel with overnight stays, as well as working occasional evenings and weekends.
AlohaCare is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all applicants in accordance with sound practices and federal and state laws. Our policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex (including gender identity or expression), pregnancy, age, national origin, ancestry, marital status, arrest and court record, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, domestic or sexual violence victim status, credit history, citizenship status, military/veterans status, or other characteristics protected under applicable state and federal laws, regulations, and/or executive orders.Position Description »