Marketing and Communications Specialist
Marketing and Communications Specialist
Under the direction of the Marketing and Communications Manager, the Marketing and Communications Specialist implements and tracks marketing and communications plans, programs and campaigns, including print and on-line advertising campaigns, visual media and internal/external events and activities. Coordinates special projects, plans and facilitates meetings, prepares reports, maintains databases and website content, and provides support to department. Works collaboratively with other department managers and staff to ensure work is timely, accurate and complete.
Essential Functions include:
• Work collaboratively with HPSM staff and vendors to help define objectives, tactics and requirements for HPSM marketing and communication programs, campaigns and materials.
• Aid in conducting market surveys and analyzing ROI of activities and events and researching new opportunities of potential interest to HPSM’s target audiences.
• Assists with web including content, analytics, social media and ongoing web postings.
• Assist with vendor relationships and analyze vendor performance.
• Assist in the planning and execution of HPSM’s marketing & communications strategy. Activities include, but are not limited to, coordination & execution of internal and external marketing and communications plans, social media and internal/external events.
• Coordinates flow of information and communication and disseminate it according to established department process, policy and procedures.
• Maintain a working knowledge of current industry best practices to make recommendations related to marketing practices and design.
• Ensure timely completion of all deliverables as defined by his/her manager.
The following represents the typical qualifications, skills and knowledge necessary to be
eligible for this position.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, public relations or related field is preferred.
• Minimum of two (2) to four (4) years of experience in project management, marketing, or related field.
• Strong planning, organizing, coordinating and project management experience.
• Background in health care, health education, health information, and/or general wellness preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Marketing and communication tools, delivery methods, and best practices, including social media, print communications, newsletters, emails, and websites.
• Knowledge of the business, economic, demographic and political trends and developments affecting healthcare in general, and sales and marketing in particular.
• Strong knowledge of regulatory requirements governing marketing and sales in health care, managed care and Medi-Cal.
• Knowledge of USPS mailing rules particularly as it relates to mass mailings.
• Demonstrated skill in effectively leading and facilitating project meetings.
• Working knowledge and demonstrated skill in the use of Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator as well as a Project Management database.
• Demonstrated advanced level skills in Windows, Outlook and MS Office, including PowerPoint.
• Strong collaboration skills with demonstrated ability to create and foster a collaborative work environment.
• Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
• Work cross-collaboratively in teams, working groups, and with diverse staff, partners, members, doctors, elected officials, community partners, and vendors while maintaining and upholding a professional demeanor.
• Represent HPSM in a professional manner at interviews, official functions, and meetings when conducting research.
• Represent HPSM at events, meetings, and professional functions.
Compensation and Benefits
Starting Compensation Range: Depending on Experience
Benefits Information: Excellent benefits package offered, including HPSM paid premiums for employee’s Medical, Dental and Vision coverage. Employee pays a small portion of the dependent premiums (10%) for medical and dental benefits. Additional HPSM benefits include fully paid life, AD&D, and LTD insurance; retirement plan (HPSM contributes equivalent of 10% of annual compensation); holiday and vacation pay; tuition reimbursement plan; and more.
How to Apply:
Application Process: To apply, submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Health Plan of San Mateo is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.