Manager/Director of Analytics and Reporting
Apply online at http://www.alohacare.org/Careers/Default.aspx
AlohaCare is a local, non-profit health plan which provides comprehensive managed care to qualifying health plan members through well-established partnerships with quality health care providers and community-governed health centers. In the true spirit of Aloha, AlohaCare supports, cares and serves the health care needs of Hawaii’s residents and specializes in care for the medically underserved and medically fragile. As Hawaii’s third-largest health plan, AlohaCare offers comprehensive prevention, primary and specialty care coverage in order to successfully build a healthy Hawaii.
AlohaCare employees share a passion for helping Hawaii’s most underserved communities. This passion for helping and caring for others is internalized and applied to our employees through a supportive and positive work environment, healthy work/life balance, continuous communication and a generous benefits package.
AlohaCare’s leadership empowers and engages its employees through frequent diversity, recognition, community, and educational events and programs. AlohaCare’s strong commitment to support local Hawaiian families is practiced with our employees by reinforcing a healthy work/home balance. Because AlohaCare values honesty, respect and trust with both our internal and external customers, we encourage open-door, two-way communication through daily interactions, monthly appreciation events, quarterly all-staff meetings and annual galas. AlohaCare’s comprehensive benefits package includes low cost medical, dental, drug and vision insurance, PTO program, 401k employer contribution, referral bonus and pretax transportation and parking program.
These employee-focused efforts contribute to a friendly, team-oriented culture which is positively reflected into the communities we serve.
Responsible for the overall operations of the Data Analysis Department including oversight of report design and development, development and maintenance of organization’s data warehouse repositories and enhancing the reporting posture of the organization. Transforms and revolutionizes reporting and data analytic platforms to prepare for growth, meet stakeholder data needs and support improvement of organizational performance.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
• Manages human resources and workforce planning of department to include: hiring, firing, disciplining, appraising, determining compensation actions, delegating, counseling, defining job expectations, managing performance/attendance and overall management of department resources.
• Oversees department activities with regard to analytical and reporting capabilities, warehouse development and maintenance, and use of analytical tools to promote self-service reporting.
• Collaborates with other departments on key performance improvement projects to provide analytic subject matter expertise and create reporting toolsets for external/internal use.
• Determines and develops departmental strategic plans, goals and objectives and performs ongoing evaluation, forecasting and trend analysis to maintain operational excellence and implements opportunities for improvement.
• Acts as department representative and decision maker in organizational strategic planning teams to define operational solutions and process/system improvements.
• Oversees the translation of business requirements into specifications that will be used to implement the required reports and dashboards, created from potentially multiple data sources.
• Partners with Quality Improvement department leadership to enhance results of AlohaCare’s quality and performance improvement programs, performance improvement projects, and quality measures.
• Oversees the interpretation of data sources, manage large amounts of data and merge data sources together while ensuring consistency of data sets.
• Oversees the development of data models to perform statistical analysis, data mining and retrieval process of large amounts of data to identify trends, figures and other pertinent information valuable to the stakeholders.
• Evaluates and analyzes available information, resources, reports and data to make effective decisions that align with business goals and objectives.
• Provides oversight to department staff that will assure accurate and timely reporting of data.
• Presents complex technical ideas in a business-friendly manner.
• Provides training and assistance to users for generation of ad hoc reports.
• Responsible for department financial forecasting/planning, budget development, management, compliance, recognizing cost-savings opportunities, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, implementing corrective action and overall financial accountability of the department to assure financial and operational efficiencies are enforced.
• Provides excellent customer service to both internal and external customers.
• Responsible for updating the Senior Director of Plan operations on the status of major activities and significant operational issues.
• Responsible to maintain AlohaCare’s confidential information in accordance with AlohaCare policies, and state and federal laws, rules and regulations regarding confidentiality. Employees have access to AlohaCare data based on the data classification assigned to this job title.
Required Competencies & Qualifications:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. A combination of the experience, education, and training listed below which provides an equivalent background to perform the work of this position.
• Bachelor’s Degree with emphasis in computer science, information systems, mathematics, statistics, public health, health sciences, data analysis, accounting or related field.
• 5+ years of hands-on experience with data warehouse architecture.
• 5+ years of experience with data integration, SQL, SSRS, and SSIS.
• Knowledge of relational databases and structures.
• Experience generating reports for a health care organization.
• Prior supervisory/managerial experience.
• Strong problem solving and reasoning skills.
• Ability and enthusiasm to collaborate on complex analytic project requirements and results with a broad range of stakeholders.
• Ability to grasp and understand business concepts and issues.
• Project management and project control experience is a plus.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Individuals with more than the minimum years of experience as described above, seven (7) years healthcare experience, and prior director roles may be hired at a Director level.
• Master’s degree in Computer Science or Information Systems, Business Administration, Health Care Administration, Public Health, or related field of study.
• Managed Health Care industry experience.
Physical Demands/Working Conditions:
• Requires operation computer workstation, including keyboard and video display terminal.
• Sedentary Work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
AlohaCare is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all applicants in accordance with sound practices and federal and state laws. Our policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex (including gender identity or expression), pregnancy, age, national origin, ancestry, marital status, arrest and court record), disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, domestic or sexual violence victim status, credit history, citizenship status, military/veterans status, or other characteristics protected under applicable state and federal laws, regulations, and/or executive orders.Position Description »