IT – Business Systems Architect
The Business Systems Architect is responsible for the overall planning and direction of all analytic and technical tasks for any project they are assigned to, whether technical development, administrative, financial, workflow management or operational. They provide expertise in supporting cross-departmental and cross-planning activities, create Business Requirement Documents when needed, and project management, work/project plans and guidance to projects of high importance to IT and the organization. The Business Systems Architect provides oversight and guidance to critical/regular work management (troubleshooting, enhancements and projects), and works closely with IT senior management to assist in the implementation of robust, scalable processes across multiple platforms. They monitor and analyzes IT’s performance (usage), metrics (efficiency) and availability (productivity), and maintain Issue and Risk logs when appropriate. Given the breadth of services the IT Project Manager performs, a wide degree of creativity and problem solving is needed.
Essential functions are job duties and responsibilities that must be performed to accomplish the purpose/ goals of the job.
• Provide Project Management expertise, support, and artifacts on IT and corporate projects.
• Schedule and manage meetings, including producing agendas and minutes as needed, related to their workload.
• Write Business Requirements documents for assigned tickets.
• Work closely with all areas of IT – Business Analysis, Data Governance, Operations – as needed on all assigned projects.
• Support day-to-day operations for Information Technology Project Management and participate in building the IT operational model, including evaluation and identification of potential problem areas.
• Support and help develop a common set of standards, methods and procedures used for all IT work.
• Monitor Information Technology’s performance, functionality and capacity. Provide suggestions to optimize each.
• Ensure cohesive and aligned use of communication and support services between IT teams (including use of monthly meetings and workshops, weekly emails, annual calendar planning, etc.)
• Serve as support to the Vice President of Information Technology while liaising with IT Areas and program team(s) to ensure IT special initiatives are prioritized, managed and supported. Sets deadlines, assigns responsibilities and monitors and summarizes progress for said initiatives.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
• Bachelor’s Degree or an equivalent combination of education and related work experience required.
• Demonstrate knowledge and skill in Project Management.
• Demonstrate knowledge and skill in Business Analysis.
• PMP or CSM certification or the equivalent or 3-5 years work experience in Project Management, highly desired
• Demonstrate logical approach to problem solving and high-level analytical capabilities, operational skills showing ingenuity and creativity, including an attention to detail and an understanding of Information Technology operations, processes and constraints.
• Ability to work in a team environment, meet deadlines, mentor, share knowledge and take on responsibility and accountability for assigned areas.
• Demonstrate experience in participating in multiple projects and ability to work with limited supervision, showing creativity, innovation, motivation, initiative and professionalism. Excellent interpersonal, analytical, written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to convey information to non-technical colleagues in a concise and clear way.
• Demonstrate understanding and sensitivity to multi-cultural values, beliefs, and attitudes of both internal and external contacts.
• Demonstrate appropriate behaviors in accordance with the organization’s vision, mission, and values.