Human Resources Director
Apply on line at http://www.alohacare.org/Careers/Default.aspx
AlohaCare is a local, non-profit health plan serving the Medicaid and Medicare dual eligible population. We provide comprehensive managed care to qualifying health plan members through well-established partnerships with quality health care providers and community-governed health centers. Our mission is to serve individuals and communities in the true spirit of aloha by ensuring and advocating access to quality health care for all. This is accomplished with emphasis on prevention and primary care through community health centers that founded us and continue to guide us as well as with others that share our commitment. As Hawaii’s third-largest health plan, AlohaCare offers comprehensive prevention, primary and specialty care coverage in order to successfully build a healthy Hawaii.
AlohaCare employees share a passion for helping Hawaii’s most underserved communities. This passion for helping and caring for others is internalized and applied to our employees through a supportive and positive work environment, healthy work/life balance, continuous communication and a generous benefits package.
AlohaCare’s leadership empowers and engages its employees through frequent diversity, recognition, community, and educational events and programs. AlohaCare has a strong commitment to support Hawaii’s families and reinforces a healthy work/home balance for its employees. Because AlohaCare values honesty, respect and trust with both our internal and external customers, we encourage open-door, two-way communication through daily interactions, employee events and quarterly all-staff meetings. AlohaCare’s comprehensive benefits package includes low cost medical, dental, drug and vision insurance, PTO program, 401k employer contribution, referral bonus and pretax transportation and parking program.
These employee-focused efforts contribute to a friendly, team-oriented culture which is positively reflected into the communities we serve.
Provides leadership in developing and executing HR strategy in support of the overall business plan and strategic direction of the organization specifically in the areas of talent management, change management, organizational development and culture building, performance management, training and development, and compensation. Develops policy and directs HR operational activities in the areas of employment, employee relations, benefits, and employee services by performing the following duties. Serves as an Executive Council member.
Primary Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop HR plans and strategies to support the achievement of AlohaCare’s overall business objectives.
• Function as a strategic business advisor for managers and the Executive Council regarding key organizational and management issues.
• Develop comprehensive strategic recruiting and retention plans to meet the human capital needs in order to achieve strategic goals.
• Analyzes wage and salary reports and data to determine competitive compensation plan.
• Develop and implement comprehensive compensation and benefit plans that are competitive and cost effective.
• Provide overall leadership and guidance to HR function by overseeing talent acquisition, retention, training, leadership and/or career development, succession planning, compensation and benefits.
• Manages employee relations including investigations in collaboration with staff.
• Partners with Executive Council on continuous improvement towards creating a “Great Place To Work” for the staff.
• Prepares staffing forecast to project employment needs.
• Consults with legal counsel to ensure that policies comply with federal and state law.
• Cultivates relationships with key outside vendors including partners including ProService and SumTotal.
• Oversees the analysis, maintenance, and communication of records required by law or local governing bodies, or other departments in the organization.
• Writes and delivers presentations to corporate officers or government officials regarding human resources policies and practices.
• Input on employee engagement efforts via AlohaCare’s Employee Committee, Employee Survey and annual plan for improvement.
• Manages HR Staff to include functions of recruiting, payroll, benefits, safety and employee engagement.
• Responsible to maintain AlohaCare’s confidential information in accordance with policies, State and Federal laws and rules and regulations regarding confidentiality. Employees have access to AlohaCare data based on the data classification assigned to this job title.
Required & Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or Business Management or Administration
• Minimum five (5) years management experience
• Minimum five (5) years relevant experience in a Human Resources role
• Successful demonstrated experience in standard HR department operations; mitigating risk in all applicable areas of employment law, benefits and relations. Ability to serve as an HR subject matter expert and Executive resource to external entities, peers and department staff.
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
• Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
• Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
• Knowledge of Database software; Human Resource systems; Internet software; Payroll systems; MS Office software programs, and Outlook.
• Ability to work with a diverse group of employees and managers and have excellent people and leadership skills.
Preferred Competencies & Qualifications:
• SPHR or SHRM-SCP Certification
AlohaCare is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all applicants in accordance with sound practices and federal and state laws. Our policy prohibits discrimination and harassment because of race, color, religion, sex (including gender identity or expression), pregnancy, age, national origin, ancestry, marital status, arrest and court record, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, domestic or sexual violence victim status, credit history, citizenship status, military/veterans status, or other characteristics protected under applicable state and federal laws, regulations, and/or executive orders.Position Description »