Human Resource Generalist – Benefits Administrator
Amida Care, the largest Medicaid HIV Special Needs Plan in NY, delivers a uniquely effective care model that has become a true benchmark for innovation, engagement and member health outcomes. Our mission is to provide access to comprehensive care and coordinated services that facilitate positive health outcomes and general well-being for our members. This true integrative care model addresses psychosocial, housing, behavioral and medical services directly evolving around the needs of each member.
We are a community of individuals from diverse peoples who work together to actively foster a fair, equitable, inclusive environment where all employees receive an invitation to belong. Visit amidacareny.org for more information about the Amida Care culture.
We are actively seeking a highly motivated, innovative and experienced leader to join our team as the Human Resource Generalist/ Benefits Administrator. Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
This position under the direction of the VP of Human Resources and Employee Experience is responsible for various Human Resources functions: including HRIS management, benefit administration and employee relations.
• Serve as point of contact for employees for Human Resources related questions and concerns.
• Schedule and facilitate new employee benefits orientation for all newly hired employees.
• Process all new hire paperwork, including benefits, credentials, medical clearances, other relevant paperwork and, set-up the employee personnel file.
• Enter and manage employee information into Human Resources systems of record including HRIS and LMS.
• Ensure accuracy of Human Resources data entered in to HRIS or other systems of record.
• Responsible for all aspects of employee benefits administration including timely processing of enrollments and termination of benefits on carrier websites and entering all deductions and changes in ADP.
• Initiating and tracking COBRA processes.
• Generate, analyze and maintain benefits reports for review by VP of Human Resources and Employee Experience.
• Manage all aspects of employee leave programs including submission of all documentation, tracking and notifications to employees and managers regarding leave status.
• Process third party employee forms including: employment verifications, third party sick pay and unemployment inquiries.
• Timely reconciliation of all benefits invoices on a monthly and submit to VP of HR for approval and processing.
• Create, maintain and provide biweekly benefit changes report to payroll manager for payroll processing.
• Assist with implementation of new benefits initiatives and programs, including research, planning, campaigns employee rollout, training, etc.
• Provide superior customer service to internal customers in answering inquiries, gathering complaint information or providing education.
• Organize and participate in monthly Benefits and Wellness Committees
Amida Care is Diversity, Equity and Inclusion employer committed to full inclusion and elimination of discrimination in all its forms. We strive to develop, promote and sustain a culture that values equity and leverages diversity and inclusiveness in all that we do.
Amida Care requires that all candidates selected for employment must provide proof of full Covid-19 Vaccination upon acceptance of an offer of employment.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Management or other related field or, an equivalent combination of education and related work experience required.
EXPERIENCES AND/OR SKILLS REQUIRED
• Two (2) years’ of human resources payroll experience, preferred.
• Demonstrate strong verbal and written communications skills.
• Exhibit strong interpersonal communications skills.
• Demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft Office applications is required.
• Experience in Payroll, HRIS and benefits administration is strongly preferred. ADP experience, a plus.
• Demonstrate ability to work independently and manage time effectively.
• Demonstrate understanding and sensitivity to multi-cultural values, beliefs, and attitudes of both internal and external contacts.
• Demonstrate appropriate behaviors in accordance with the organization’s vision, mission, and values.