HSCSN Communication Manager
HSCSN is recruiting an experienced Communications Manager to join its Marketing and Outreach team. The Manager will provide strategic planning and operational leadership in the design, development, and coordination of communications and marketing projects and event planning for HSCSN. The Communications Manager is responsible for drafting internal and external business communications that contribute to brand identity. The Manager is responsible for correspondence development, which will provide the latest information about the organizations’ campaigns and initiatives. The Manager will oversee the monthly marketing workbook submission that captures all external-facing materials and collaterals for outreach engagement efforts. The Manager will be involved at a strategic level and is responsible for day-to-day operations and project management.
• B.A. Communications, Marketing, or related field
• 5 years nonprofit marketing and communication, public relations and health care OR 3 years Medicaid and HMO account/ project management
• Knowledge of AP writing style; traditional and emerging trends in public relations, advertising, marketing, and social media
• Superior writing skills include content generation and the ability to edit materials prepared by others to ensure high-quality deliverables.
• Ability to manage a diverse workload in a fast-paced environment to meeting deadlines
• Adaptability and flexibility to changing priorities
• Demonstrated ability to deliver results to the appropriate quality and timeline metrics
• Superior interpersonal skills, including the ability to work collaboratively, and a track record of working independently to represent an organization
• Meeting planning experience
• Ability to communicate technical concepts to technical and non- professional audiences
• Ability to negotiate and manage budgets throughout the project’s lifecycle
• Expertise with Microsoft Office required; experience or familiarity with programs such as Cision, Mail Chimp, ERP systems, Quick books a plus.
• Demonstrated written communication skills. Strong organizational and project management skills. – Advanced
• Effective interpersonal skills Demonstrated problem solving skills. – Advanced
• Develops and delivers effective presentations Proficient in Microsoft Office. – Intermediate
• Excellent collaboration and team building skills Solutions-oriented. – Intermediate
• Builds and manages effective teams Experience within a healthcare setting or industry association. – Intermediate
• Effective leadership skills Experience working with and managing vendors, consultants, and budgets. – Intermediate
• Supports the design, creation, and implementation of communications and marketing projects
• Creates internal work plans, dashboards, and project reports that meet project timelines, critical milestones, and performance objectives
• Plans, researches, writes, and edits internal and external communication materials.
• Manages projects and team members to achieve deliverables
• Assists in monitoring workloads and development opportunities of junior team members
• Demonstrates leadership and expertise in the management of quality improvement processes, compliance, consultation and mentoring of others.
• Teaches, coaches and mentors others on identified learning needs.
• Works with the VP, Marketing, and Outreach to research potential business innovations.
• Provides support to HSCSN Leadership and Management as directed with follow-up tasks across the spectrum of internal and external project assignments.
• Attend community events as a representative of HSCSN.
• Performs other related duties as assigned to the HSCSN Outreach team and supports HSCSN associated activities in collaboration with the HSC Health SystemSUCCESS FACTORS
• Demonstrates understanding of quality of service and collaborates with co-workers to ensure excellence is achieved
• Innovates through improvement of care and/or efficiency of operational processes.
• Dedicated to a standard of performance excellence and high quality
• Creates a safe environment that encourages brainstorming, creativity and “out-of-the-box” thinking
• Encourages a diverse group of people to communicate effectively and embrace creative thinking
• Drives the collaborative efforts of the team to achieve goals in the most effective and efficient way
• Demonstrates listening and feedback skills
• Proactively assumes responsibility and accountability for results to include management of organizational change
• Empowers staff in ensuring a culture of transparency, fairness, respect and excellence
• Strategically aligns operational and tactical objectives to drive business results.
• Encourages collaboration with team members based on trust, mutual respect, consistent visible support, and open and honest communication.
DC Residents Are Encouraged To Apply!
Primary Location: District of Columbia-Washington
Work Locations: HSCSN Vermont Location 1101 Vermont Ave NW Washington 20005
Job: Non-Clinical Professional
Organization: HSC W/Special Needs
Position Status: R (Regular) – FT – Full-Time
Work Schedule: 9am – 5pm