Health Services Community Liaison
Amida Care is a Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion employer committed to full inclusion and elimination of discrimination in all its forms. We strive to develop, promote, and sustain a culture that values equity and leverages diversity and inclusiveness in all that we do.
This position will be a part of a Health Navigation for Lost to Care, HIV Unsuppressed grant. The Community Liaison will be an individual who will be working towards their NYS peer certification. The Community Liaison will be responsible for outreaching and connecting members lost to effective care, with high emergency department(ED) and inpatient (IP) utilization and whose HIV is unsuppressed. The Community Liaison will be assigned to a medical facility and will outreach members who are in the ED or IP to attempt to reengage in care and provide connection to services. This position will act as a liaison between community providers and staff at assigned facilities and the Integrated Care Teams (ICTs) at Amida Care. This is primarily a field-based position at a community health center or hospital in the community.
Essential functions are job duties and responsibilities that must be performed to accomplish the purpose/ goals of the job.
• Outreach members who are admitted to ED/IP who also have a high viral load and are not considered to be in effective care for pre- and post-discharge engagement.
• Assess members in hospital and identify their needs to support discharge planning in conjunction with ICT Care Coordinator.
• Assist members in identifying a provider and site and scheduling a primary care physician appointment.
• Support pre-planning for discharge and provide education and support through follow-up and reminder calls, as well as coordinating escorts/transportation to appointments as needed.
• Act as bridge between Amida Care and providers, hospitals, and agencies within the community to facilitate seamless transfer of information about the status of members.
• Facilitate obtaining essential documentation and information, such as HIV verification documentation, laboratory test results, appointment adherence, case management assessments, prior authorizations, medical records from the assigned site(s).
• Work collaboratively with ICT for post hospitalization follow-up care.
• Contact providers to confirm members kept post-hospitalization appointments.
• Make referrals to Retention in Care Unit (RICU) for members not engaged in care or who did not keep initial PCP appointment after discharge.
• Provide health promotion and education to individuals who need additional support.
Amida Care is Diversity, Equity and Inclusion employer committed to full inclusion and elimination of discrimination in all its forms. We strive to develop, promote and sustain a culture that values equity and leverages diversity and inclusiveness in all that we do.
Amida Care requires that all candidates selected for employment must provide proof of full Covid-19 Vaccination upon acceptance of an offer of employment.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
• Two (2) years’ experience working with individuals living with HIV/AIDS or other chronic conditions with complex needs or relevant experience working within a Community Based Organization, ADHC, Health Home, or Health Center.
• Currently working towards NYS AI peer certification, or will enroll into the NYS AI peer certification program at start of employment.
• Ability to ensure member confidentiality and adhere to confidentiality and Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPPA) policies and regulations.
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word and Excel).
• Demonstrate understanding and sensitivity to multi-cultural values, beliefs, and attitudes of both internal and external contacts.
• Demonstrate appropriate behaviors in accordance with the organization’s vision, mission, and values.Position Description »