Finance Manager – Payroll and Grants Managemen
Amida Care, the largest Medicaid HIV Special Needs Plan in NY, delivers a uniquely effective care model that has become a true benchmark for innovation, engagement and member health outcomes. Our mission is to provide access to comprehensive care and coordinated services that facilitate positive health outcomes and general well-being for our members. This true integrative care model addresses psychosocial, housing, behavioral and medical services directly evolving around the needs of each member.
We are a community of individuals from diverse peoples who work together to actively foster a fair, equitable, inclusive environment where all employees receive an invitation to belong. Visit www.amidacareny.org for more information about the Amida Care culture.
We are actively seeking a highly motivated, innovative and experienced leader to join our team as the Finance Manager – Payroll and Grants Management. Compensation will be commensurate with
The Finance Manager – Payroll and Grants Management is responsible for the full charge processing of all payroll functions; all grant accounting, reporting, management and analysis; assisting the Senior Financial Analyst with analytical and accounting support; and assisting the CFO, and VP of Finance with financial and special projects of the organization.
• Processing Amida Care’s bi-weekly payroll from start to finish from ADP timecard review, payroll processing, reconciliation, coordination with Human Resources and CFO, and reporting.
• Lead Amida Care liaison with ADP to resolve all employee payroll related issues, PTO tracking and resets, system implementations, and new regulations regarding taxing and state issues.
• Prepares and monitors grant vouchers, grant accounting, grant documents and budgets, reporting and analysis. Collaborates with the Director of Grants on all grant management functions and updates VP of Finance on all grant matters.
• Prepares, analyzes and supports the Senior Financial Analyst with monthly accounting reconciliations for several premium revenue analyses.
Amida Care is Diversity, Equity and Inclusion employer committed to full inclusion and elimination of discrimination in all its forms. We strive to develop, promote and sustain a culture that values equity and leverages diversity and inclusiveness in all that we do.
Amida Care requires that all candidates selected for employment must provide proof of full Covid-19 Vaccination upon acceptance of an offer of employment.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and/or Finance.
EXPERIENCES AND/OR SKILLS REQUIRED
• Minimum of seven years of full function payroll experience from beginning to end of payroll cycle, including timekeeping, processing, reconciliations, reporting, and communication with payroll processing company (ie. ADP).
• Minimum of two years of grant accounting experience, including reviewing grant budgets, preparation of grant vouchers, and other reporting.
• Experience with non-profit, healthcare and managed care organizations is a plus.
• Demonstrates advanced knowledge of Payroll processing functions.
• Experience with ADP applications required, including ongoing communications with ADP to resolve all issues, including payroll processing, PTO, annual systemic resets, reporting, and implementing changes to existing applications.
• Exhibits analytical, detail oriented and critical thinking skills.
• Demonstrates strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office, payroll and accounting software.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics (formerly SOLOMON) is a plus.
• Demonstrates organization and ability to multi-task under many operational and regulatory deadlines.
• Exhibits the ability to work independently with little supervision.
• Exhibits the ability to communicate effectively both written and verbal.
• Possesses the ability to work effectively under stressful conditions.
• Demonstrates understanding and sensitivity to multi-cultural values, beliefs, and attitudes of both internal and external customers.
• Demonstrates appropriate behaviors in accordance with the organization’s vision, mission, and values.