Director, Program Management
The Director of Program Management, coordinates with cross functional teams related to service implementation and behavioral health initiatives. The Director is responsible for evaluating requests for initiatives, grants, programs, and services related to the identified population to prioritize and ensure alignment to overall organizational goals. The Director ensures plan and actions are clearly outlined for successful implementation. The Director also ensures new Medicaid or State plan services are current and are successfully implemented with internal/ external stakeholders. This role is responsible for the continuum of care and have the tools needed for successful implementation of any initiatives or programs. This Director is responsible for collecting feedback to evaluate any opportunities for improvement regarding the member’s experience.
– Manage a portfolio of strategic initiatives or programs which includes developing implementation planning, reporting, monitoring program performance utilizing relevant metrics, and effectively communicating departmental results to key stakeholders, both internal and external.
– Collaborate with business units to understand strategic goals and promote an environment conducive to creativity, changes, and information exchange
– Explore potential innovations/enhancements to address identified population needs
– Ensure compliance with all State reporting requirements and contractual expectations
– Develop and disseminate policies and procedures, workflows, and job aids to implement program protocols and data exchanges
– Collaborate with appropriate functional leads to resolve operational issues which will require collaboration with internal departments
– Monitor utilization trends, treatment outcomes, and quality indicators. Assist in Identifying and proposing viable strategies to address any areas of underperformance.
– Monitor the measure of success, and identifies opportunities for process improvement
– Provide guidance and recommendations including identification where collaboration on multiple initiatives rather than siloed work can be beneficial to optimize stakeholder experience and outcomes
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
– Ability to instill confidence, influence others, and represent the organization at meetings, conferences and events
– Ability to present comprehensively the outcomes on the initiatives and programs to highlight member outcomes, and utilize data to demonstrate impact
– Demonstrated leadership effectiveness and project management experience
– Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills; strong report writing capability and oral presentation skills
– Mature data analysis and PC proficiency
– Strong customer service orientation
– Thorough understanding of managed care principles, models and financing
– Demonstrated ability to build effective teams, facilitate staff working together collaboratively and retain top talent
– Exceptional planning, organization and monitoring skills
– Ability to work effectively and meet deadlines in a rapidly changing environment, while handling multiple projects at a time whether individually or working with a team
– Exceptional interpersonal, organizational, leadership, and decision-making skills.
– Career-oriented with a positive, energetic attitude, strong analytical, organizational and communication skills.
– Ability to work independently but keep cross-departmental teams updated, and provided with the needed information for status reports to stakeholders
– Analytical and problem-solving skills; interpreting and summarizing complex data as it relates to program and/or service implementation
– Ability to present reports, presentations, and recommendations to the team and senior management in a clear, concise, and actionable manne
Education and Experience:
– Masters level in a healthcare field
– 5+ years of behavioral health administration/management experience
– Two (2) years of supervisory experience is required.
– Familiarity with managed care operations preferred
– Clinical Licensure in North Carolina (LCSW, LCMHC, LPA, LMFT, RN etc.)
Valid Driver’s License Required: Yes
Travel Type: Domestic
Percentage: 0 – 5
Equal Opportunity Employer/ Protected Veteran/ Individuals with Disabilities
Cardinal Innovations is firmly committed to the policy of providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all of its employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, age, color, sex, religion, creed, veteran status, genetic information, national origin, non-job related disability, sexual orientation, and/or gender identity or expression (except as mandated by law). Employment at Cardinal is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications directly related to professional competence. For that reason, we consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Our equal employment opportunity philosophy complies with federal, state and local law and applies to all aspects of employment with Cardinal, including recruiting, hiring, training, transfer/promotion, compensation, benefits and termination.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by contacting Cardinal’s Human Resources department at HumanResources@cardinalinnovations.org Someone from the HR team will reach out to see how we may be able to assist.Position Description »