Director of Value Based Payment Analytics
The Director of Value Based Payment Analytics will play an important role in the transformation of the BMC System. The candidate will report directly to the Vice President of Provider & Clinical Analytics and lead the analytic and reporting functions as they pertain to BMCHP’s value based payment provider arrangements. The position will also support value based payment model design and lead other provider finance functions, including provider negotiation support and fee schedule analysis. The Director will have a strong focus on driving financial performance through rigorous performance measurement, effective communication, and data integrity. This is a high exposure position, both internally and externally – the Director will work closely with senior leadership throughout the BMC System and across BMCHP’s ACO provider partners.
• Develop, maintain, and leverage a best in class provider reporting and analytics infrastructure to support BMCHP’s Accountable Care Organizations (ACOs), ensuring data integrity.
• Partner with the BMC System’s population health team and ACO provider partners to evaluate and communicate ACO cost and utilization performance drivers.
• Lead BMCHP’s provider performance measurement activities, focusing on value based reimbursement provider settlements, through accurate and timely measurement and communication of provider contract terms and performance.
• Provide thought leadership and subject matter expertise on value based reimbursement methodology and funds flows.
• Lead the financial functions for the Boston Accountable Care Organization (BACO) as they pertain to BACO’s Massachusetts Medicaid ACO risk contract.
• Collaborate with Network Management and other key organizational leaders in the design of new alternative payment models.
• Lead the development and oversight of models assessing the financial impact of proposed provider contracting terms.
• Develop processes and standards to ensure data and reporting integrity. Ensure that data and reporting integrity is maintained in times of significant change.
• Lead the financial valuation activities related to fee schedule and regulatory payment policy changes.
• Work across the organization to collaborate and influence other leaders, thereby driving results.
• Attract, retain, and develop talent that distinguishes BMCHP’s culture and analytic capabilities.
• Partner with IT department to evaluate technology alternatives to meet analytic needs and drive performance.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Health Care Administration, or related field required.
• Master’s Degree preferred.
• 7+ years progressively responsible experience in healthcare provider finance and/or value based reimbursement.
• Strong leader of analysts with an ability to translate findings into real world solutions.
• Ability to use well developed interpersonal skills to direct and influence the efforts of others, both internally and externally.
• Must be able to conceptualize and envision the impact of change, and propose new ways to do
• Ability to meet deadlines, multi-task, problem solve and use appropriate technology to analyze
business problems. Project management skills a plus.
• Strong communications skills, both verbal and written, are required.
• Strong understanding of health care data and analytical methodologies.
• Strong team player.
• Effective collaborative and proven process improvement skills.