Director of Research and Grants
Amida Care, the largest Medicaid HIV Special Needs Plan in NY, delivers a uniquely effective care model that has become a true benchmark for innovation, engagement and member health outcomes. Our mission is to provide access to comprehensive care and coordinated services that facilitate positive health outcomes and general well-being for our members. This true integrative care model addresses psychosocial, housing, behavioral and medical services directly evolving around the needs of each member.
We are a community of individuals from diverse peoples who work together to actively foster a fair, equitable, inclusive environment where all employees receive an invitation to belong. Visit amidacareny.org for more information about the Amida Care culture.
We are actively seeking a highly motivated, innovative and experienced leader to join our team as the Director of Research & Grants Management. Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
The Director of Research & Grants Management will provide oversight and management of grant activities and other outreach activities as needed and will coordinate efforts between Amida Care, Grantors, Research Partners, and other Collaborating Agencies. This position will lead efforts in researching, applying for, and securing grant funding for Amida Care’s programs and research. This position will lead efforts to articulate the organization’s mission and project goals in written proposals that demonstrate to grantors the value of investment in Amida Care’s programs and research initiatives. The priorities for this position are someone who is driven by Amida Care’s mission, who effectively represents the organization’s programmatic and research priorities, who effectively manages all aspects of the organization’s grants calendar, and who effectively cultivates and manages Amida Care’s relationships with its collaborating entities in pursuit of the organization’s mission.
• Strategic decision-making regarding research and grants activity to achieve Amida Care’s mission.
• Supervision of Research & Grants staff, prioritizing department objectives, and assignment of work.
• Represent Research & Grants department at Amida Care leadership level—communicate goals, objectives, activities, needs, and challenges with leadership to ensure alignment with organizational priorities.
• Accountability for the Research & Grants department’s performance.
• Manage all administrative functions of Health Services Grants.
• Research potential funding opportunities and develop concepts collaboratively with program leads.
• Write proposals, letters of interest/inquiry, requests for qualifications, concept papers, and related materials for application submission.
• Oversee completion of all necessary grant reports for Amida Care and Grantors from inception to finish, which includes compiling, analyzing, and reporting on grant data.
• Manage and maintain Amida Care’s Grants Calendar, including submissions of new grant applications, reporting and ensuring key deliverables are satisfied for existing grants by coordinating with responsible parties, and reapplying for continued funding when applicable.
• Coordinate and attend regular meetings with external research partners to ensure that Amida Care’s role is fulfilled and to monitor project progress.
• Ensure that the interests of Amida Care’s members are represented in research initiatives by engaging Member Advisory Council input at key points during research projects.
• Assist in the preparation of and participation in internal and external audits.
• Attend internal monthly grant meetings to act as an auditor and assure grant guidelines are being adhered to.
Amida Care is Diversity, Equity and Inclusion employer committed to full inclusion and elimination of discrimination in all its forms. We strive to develop, promote and sustain a culture that values equity and leverages diversity and inclusiveness in all that we do.
Amida Care requires that all candidates selected for employment must provide proof of full Covid-19 Vaccination upon acceptance of an offer of employment.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Human Service or related field required or an equivalent combination of education and related work experience required.
• Master’s Degree preferred.
EXPERIENCES AND/OR SKILLS REQUIRED
• Minimum of five (5) years’ experience working with government, foundation, and/or corporate grant-making institutions.
• Grant writing expertise.
• Knowledge of research design and methods.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Strong computer literacy with Microsoft (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint).
• Excellent customer service skills, including proactive communication, responsiveness, and demonstrating accountability with internal and external collaborators. Sound judgment with regard to safety of information and confidentiality issues.
• Understanding and sensitivity to multi-cultural values, beliefs, and attitudes of both internal and external contacts.
• Appropriate behaviors in accordance with the organization’s vision, mission, and values.