Director of Quality Management
Job Title: Director Quality Management
Location: Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Morgan Consulting Resources, Inc. has been retained to conduct the search for the Director of Quality Management for Inland Empire Health Plan (IEHP). This opening represents a unique opportunity to be part of a dedicated team guided by their mission to serve members, providers and the community in the development of innovative programs and the creation of an award winning workplace.
This position is located in Rancho Cucamonga, CA.
About the organization:
Inland Empire Health Plan (IEHP) is one of the largest not-for-profit health plans in California. They serve over 1.2 million members in Riverside and San Bernardino counties through government sponsored programs including Medi-Cal (California’s Medicaid Plan) and the Cal MediConnect Plan (Medicare-Medicaid Plan).
IEHP’s mission is to organize and improve the delivery of quality, accessible and wellness based healthcare services for their community. Their core values include:
- Health and Quality before Costs: they believe in placing members’ health care needs above all else.
- Team Culture: they are a dedicated and cohesive team focused on member care and supporting their providers.
- Think and Work LEAN: they strive to continuously improve their daily operations and delivery of healthcare services.
- Partner with Providers: they recognize the necessity of a strong working relationship with their providers – based on mutual respect and collaboration.
- Stewardship of Public Funds: they are accountable to the public and strive for transparency and prudent fiscal management.
For more information about the organization, please visit: https://ww3.iehp.org/.
About the Director of Quality Management:
Reporting to the Senior Director of Quality Systems, the Director of Quality Management is responsible for development, implementation and continual assessment of IEHP’s Quality Management Program to ensure that all quality related deliverables meet internal standards and external regulatory requirements.
We are seeking an experienced QI leader with a clinical background who is also strong operationally. The ideal candidate will lead collaboratively by combining individual strengths of a diverse team and uniting around IEHP goals, while creating a results-oriented environment of personal pride and accountability. Those best suited for this role will understand the clinical needs of the operation, possess exceptional written and verbal communication skills and provide advocacy, mentorship and professional development support to the members of their team.
- Lead NCQA accreditation activities;
- Support QI efforts across the organization and for the Provider Network, with a focus in improving
- HEDIS and CAHPS performance;
- Drive the achievement of Quality Management Program goals through audit/committee activities, update of policies and procedures, etc.
- Possession of a valid clinical license issued by the State of California required. Clinical licensure requirement can be met via: Physician Assistant (PA, PA-C), Nurse Practitioner (NP), Family
- Nurse Practitioner (FNP), Adult Nurse Practitioner (ANP), Pharmacist (PharmD), or Registered
- Nurse (RN).
- Bachelor’s degree in a health-related field from an accredited four-year institution.
- Valid State of California driver’s license.
Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Minimum of five years’ progressively responsible experience in a Quality Management Program with a hospital, delivery system, medical group or health plan. Health plan experience highly preferred.
- Minimum of three years’ experience leading multi-disciplinary teams.
- Extensive knowledge of Quality Management principles and practices.
- Ability to understand, interpret and apply regulatory requirements.
- Ability to set and adjust priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of principles and methods of data collection and analysis.
- Strong problem solving skills; ability to develop consensus and gain buy-in.
- Skill in creating and fostering an environment of creativity, energy and engagement.
- Inland Empire Health Plan offers a competitive salary and compensation package. I would love to get your feedback and ideas on good candidates/sources. Please contact me directly, or let me know a good time to reach you.
Lynn Barboza, Executive Recruiter/Search Consultant
Morgan Consulting Resources, Inc.