Director of Analytics
Community Health Choice is initiating recruitment efforts for a Director of Analytics to provide leadership and direction for the development and implementation their analytic services.
Provides leadership and direction for the development and implementation of Community Health Choice’s (Community) analytical reporting tools, data analysts and analytic services for the entire company. This position is responsible for collection, aggregation, analysis and presentation of decision support tools for Community Leadership. Collaborates with all departments, including Finance, IT, Operations, Medical Affairs and Network Management, from a strategic perspective, to identify and maximize opportunities to utilize data to improve clinical outcomes, business processes, promote the strategic use of information, and enable the workforce to use data analysis and interpretation as a competitive tool. Specific accountabilities include:
• Manages the Health and Human Services Commission (HHSC) and Texas Department of Insurance (TDI) and other governing bodies Deliverables and ensures that reports are filed timely and accurately.
• Establishes, maintains, evaluates and modifies Key Management Report (KMR) metrics in response to strategic goals of Community Health Choice.
• Mentors and leads staff in producing well-written analytic summaries and visual summaries and visual data presentations appropriate for presentation to customers, management and/or senior leadership.
• Facilitates State of Texas external deliverables.
• Audits claims payments to review compliance with contracts and identify financial opportunities.
• Manages the reporting and analysis Support System. Collects and analyzes data to evaluate operational, financial and health services implications. Reviews data and reports and make conclusions, or outlines additional information needed.
• Works collaboratively with various departments to strategically identify opportunities to enhance business processes aimed at improving quality achieve company business goals.
• Provides technical expertise in interpreting data, identifying trends, presenting information to customers in a clear and useful manner.
• Facilitates Finance Department continuity through succession planning and workflow/process documentation.
• Actively contributes to achievement of departmental goals, as identified in Department’s annual business plan, including specific departmental process improvement plans.
• Demonstrates Harris Health and Community Health Choice values, including trust, integrity, mutual respect, diversity, responsiveness and caring service
• Bachelor’s degree required in technical, mathematics, research, analytical field or other related field. Master’s preferred.
• 7 years of experience in business performance reporting, data analysis and proactive insights. Managed Care and Medical claims experience preferred.
• 3 years of directly leading and managing teams
• Requires knowledge of medical terminology and coding, HMO concepts, practices and procedures, as well as financial concepts and statistical analysis plus advanced technical skills in computer programming, database concepts, statistics and ad hoc query tools (i.e. SQL, SAS, MS Access, Excel, etc.) and design expertise in visual analytics.
In addition to a highly competitive salary with day-1 benefits, Community Health Choice offers:
• Bonus pay
• 401(k) with company match up to 5% and employee catch up contributions up to 75%
• Flexible spending accounts
• Tuition reimbursement
• Continuing education assistance
For immediate consideration, please email your resume to: Martha Jones
Sr. Talent Acquisition Partner, Martha.Jones@CommunityHealthChoice.org
About Community Health Choice:
Community Health Choice, Inc. (Community) is a non-profit managed care organization (MCO), licensed by the Texas Department of Insurance. Through its network of more than 10,000 providers and 94 hospitals, Community serves over 400,000 Members with the following programs:
• Medicaid State of Texas Access Reform (STAR) program for low-income children and pregnant women
• Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) for the children of low-income parents, which includes CHIP Perinatal benefits for unborn children of pregnant women who do not qualify for Medicaid STAR
• Health Insurance Marketplace Plans that offer individual health coverage that includes preventive care, emergency services, prescription drugs, and hospitalization available to all, regardless of pre-existing conditions.
• Improving Members’ experiences is at the heart of every Community position. We strive every day to make sure that our Members have access to the high-quality health care they need and deserve.
Community is accredited by URAC for its health plan operations. We offer care management programs for asthma, diabetes, and high-risk pregnancy. An affiliate of the Harris Health System (Harris Health), Community is financially self-sufficient and receives no financial support from Harris Health or from Harris County taxpayers. Equal opportunity employer.