Director, Community Engagement
The Director of Community Engagement provides oversight and implementation of community engagement strategies across Cardinal Innovations’ service areas to increase the visibility of the organization, its programs and initiatives, as well as increase the number of active participants, partners and supporters with whom Cardinal Innovations actively collaborates.
Community Outreach / Partnership Strategy
– Partnership with state and local collaborators, on behalf of Cardinal, leading the development of innovative community-based strategies that can be implemented across Cardinal’s service regions.
– Lead Cardinal’s regional based community outreach and partnership teams to ensure plans are being developed and executed in accordance with a centralized strategy, understanding each community’s unique characteristics and needs
– Develop strategic partnerships with aligned, mission-driven orgs at the global level (e.g. faith-based orgs, Urban League, YMCA, Habitat for Humanity, etc.)
– Identify potential partners, across multiple sectors, with similar objectives and values, and develop statewide action-oriented partnerships. Oversee development and expansion of relationships with these organizations across Cardinal’s regions and communities.
Community Partnerships and Workgroups
– Serves as a liaison with Cardinal’s government relations resources and regional affairs staff to ensure understanding of regulatory / legislative changes and impacts and to share community-based activities and outcomes.
– Maintain, expand and centralize community partnerships in support of Cardinal’s strategic priorities and mission, with an emphasis on delivering coordinated holistic services to the communities and members.
– Form, manage, and lead working groups and initiatives with community partners.
– Develop and execute plans to deliver defined programs and services within Cardinal’s communities, with an emphasis on improving access to care and health literacy, addressing social determinants of health and delivering holistic support and services to members and families.
– Collaborate and align with internal population health teams to ensure accurate understanding of programs and support services available to members and families; identify opportunities to promote and advance these services within the community.
– Identify technology and capabilities required to enhance community-based services and acts as a champion for investment and implementation of them.
– Develop performance metrics to ensure outcomes of strategies, plans and activities can be measured and evaluated. Incorporate feedback and ideas from participants into ongoing refinement of community strategies.
– Represent Cardinal at regional meetings and councils, sharing results of programs, services and activities.
– Support Cardinal’s Senior Management and key leaders in managing relationships with community leaders in areas that are critical for Cardinal’s strategic priorities, including delivering accurate and up-to-date information about community-based activities and outcomes.
– Partner with Cardinal’s Marketing and Communications teams to coordinate community events and sponsorships.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
– Ability to quickly assimilate into a complex organizational structure.
– Ability to develop lead teams through rapid and significant change in response to changing market conditions.
– Ability to build and grow long-term, trusting relationships within Cardinal’s catchment area.
– Strong ability to lead teams, work cross functionally to drive results, assess talent and make recommendations to senior leadership relative to structural human resources need to support the business.
– Ability to effectively communicate at all levels within the organization with the ability to influence and persuade effectively.
– Display courage in addressing difficult situations, aligning behavior with the organization’s position, needs and goals.
– Ability to develop and improve the performance of team and individuals by providing clear expectations, delivering performance feedback and follow up.
– Discernment, business acumen, excellent written and verbal skills.
– Ability to work with all levels of the organization seamlessly C-suite to front-line service delivery staff.
Education and Experience:
– Bachelor’s degree in business administration, communications, or other aligned degree.
– 5-7 years of experience in community engagement, community organizing or related role.
– 4 years supervisory experience.
– Nonprofit experience or understanding of nonprofit landscape desired.
– Experience in community-based Medicaid, Social Determinants of Health and / or Behavioral Health services highly desired
Valid Driver’s License Required: Yes
Travel Type: Domestic
Percentage: 15 – 30
Equal Opportunity Employer/ Protected Veteran/ Individuals with Disabilities
Cardinal Innovations is firmly committed to the policy of providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all of its employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, age, color, sex, religion, creed, veteran status, genetic information, national origin, non-job related disability, sexual orientation, and/or gender identity or expression (except as mandated by law). Employment at Cardinal is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications directly related to professional competence. For that reason, we consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Our equal employment opportunity philosophy complies with federal, state and local law and applies to all aspects of employment with Cardinal, including recruiting, hiring, training, transfer/promotion, compensation, benefits and termination.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by contacting Cardinal’s Human Resources department at HumanResources@cardinalinnovations.org Someone from the HR team will reach out to see how we may be able to assist.Position Description »