Reports to: Executive Director, Public Affairs
FLSA status: Exempt
Salary Grade: R – $144,000 – $204,000
This position is responsible for coordinating and implementing CalOptima’s internal and external communications in a manner that promotes and preserves CalOptima, its mission, and strategic goals and objectives. The position requires the ability to communicate complex policies in a clear and concise manner in both the written and spoken word, develop strategic messages for different audiences, create communications tools across multiple platforms, and develop and execute communication plans. This position will interact with CalOptima’s executive management and legal counsel, as well as members of the media and general public. The nature of the department is dynamic and fast-paced, which requires excellent task management and independent problem-solving skills, as well as the ability to work cooperatively with other departments to deliver work products under tight deadlines.
• Direct the Communications department, including the supervision of professional and administrative staff.
• Strategic planning, message development and brand alignment for all communications
• Develop and execute communications plans for agency initiatives and activities.
• Develop key messages and tools to communicate such messages including talking points, speeches, news releases, announcements and presentations.
• Assist with marketing and outreach initiatives to ensure consistent and strategic messaging and use of the CalOptima brand.
• Ensure the timely creation and distribution of CalOptima’s publications including, but not limited to, the annual Report to the Community, newsletters and fact sheets.
• Lead CalOptima’s media relations:
• Foster and maintain relationships with media representatives.
• Ensure timely distribution of CalOptima information to the media via press releases, statements and other tools.
• Coordinate responses to media inquiries and support interactions with the media.
• Develop and oversee Communications department budget.
• Ensure maximum use of CalOptima’s website as a communications tool.
• Develop and ensure strategic use of social media as a communications tool.
• Other projects and duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Abilities:
• Strategic communications tools in a health care, health plan, or public agency environment.
• Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Publisher.
• Familiarity with content management systems and social media.
• Familiarity with graphic design tools.
• Have exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
• Professional polish appropriate for representing a $1.4 billion agency.
• Effectively communicate and maintain interpersonal relationships with all audiences, including all levels of staff, community organizations, the general public and media.
• Analyze and communicate through the written and spoken word complex policies in a clear and concise manner.
• Have exceptional initiative and follow-through with minimal supervision or guidance.
• Direct the management of multiple large programs/projects from planning stages through implementation.
• Motivate and lead various participants at all levels in the organization.
• Demonstrable management skills necessary to manage a highly talented group of individuals within an extremely fast paced environment.
• Delegate and utilize the appropriate resources to get projects and assignments completed.
• Develop creative approaches within a regulated and process-oriented environment.
• Strong demonstrated record of developing cooperative relationships.
Experience & Education:
• 7+ years experience in managing communications, public relations, community relations, crisis communication or media relations for a health plan or public agency.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
• 3+ years of supervisory experience.
• Master’s degree.
• Accreditation in Public Relations (APR).
CalOptima is an equal employment opportunity employer and makes all employment decisions on the basis of merit. CalOptima wants to have qualified employees in every job position. CalOptima prohibits unlawful discrimination against any employee, or applicant for employment, based on race, religion/religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, sex stereotype, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transitioning status, age, sexual orientation, immigration status, military status as a disabled veteran, or veteran of the Vietnam era, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. CalOptima also prohibits unlawful discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics or is associated with a person who has, or is perceived as having, any of those characteristics.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by contacting Human Resources Disability Management at 657-900-1134.
Job Location: Orange, California
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2276727
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.