Neighborhood Health Plan of Rhode Island is conducting a national search for a Director, Care Management. This is a rewarding opportunity to join an innovative, not-for-profit health plan that continually seeks ways to improve health care delivery to make access easier and outcomes better. This position is based in Smithfield, RI (suburb of Providence).
About the organization:
Neighborhood Health Plan of Rhode Island (NHPRI) provides its members access to comprehensive health care services across Rhode Island through its large provider network and partnerships with community health centers. Teams across NHPRI collaborate daily and work together to see that members receive the right care, at the right time, in the right place.
About the position:
The Director of Care Management is responsible for the overall strategy, operational performance, and outcomes of the department’s activities. The Director will be responsible for the assessment, planning, coordination, development, compliance, and evaluation of the Care Management (CM) and Disease Management (DM) programs. The successful Director will collaborate across the enterprise and with clients to see that objects are aligned, business strategies are delivered, and financial, compliance, and quality objectives are met. The Director will provide consultation and education related to Care Management practices across teams and departments. This position serves on the Senior Leadership team and will assume responsibility for oversight of all delegates of Care Management.
- Provide exemplary leadership in a time of rapid growth and change
- Evaluate, benchmark and improve productivity standards and metrics
- Build relationships and cultivate networks
- Influence and negotiate contracts
- Implement strategies to achieve business and financial success
Key experience & education:
- 7+ years of CM experience for disease management with progressive clinical responsibility
- 7+ years of management/supervisory role in a health insurance/health plan setting
- Active RN license in the state of Rhode Island, or willingness and ability to obtain
- BSN degree required
- Master in Health Services, Nursing, Administration or Public Health preferred
- Utilization Management and behavioral health experience desirable
Does this role align with your experience and values? Alternatively, do you know a qualified CM leader with a passion for leading teams and transforming health care? If so, we encourage you to connect with us to learn more about NHPRI and the role of Director, Care Management.
Erica Eikelboom, Executive Search Consultant
Morgan Consulting Resources, Inc.
For more information see here.