Data Analytics Services Director
Join us at Central California Alliance for Health (the Alliance), where you will be part of a culture that is respectful, diverse, professional and fun, and where you are empowered to do your best work. As a regional non-profit health plan, we serve over 377,000 members in Santa Cruz, Monterey and Merced counties.
The Alliance works in partnership with our contracted providers to promote prevention, early detection and effective treatment, and improve access to quality health care for those we serve. This results in the delivery of innovative community-based health care services, better medical outcomes and cost savings.
We are 500-ish employees who are all working towards our vision of Healthy People, Healthy Communities by living out our values of Equity, Integrity, Improvement and Collaboration in the pursuit of our mission of accessible, quality health care guided by local innovation.
We have an opportunity to join the Alliance as the Data Analytics Services Director leading the Data Analytics Services Department
*There is one position which can be filled in any of our 3 offices (Scotts Valley, Merced or Salinas, California), or it can be filled remotely within California.
WHAT YOU’LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR
Reporting to the Chief Information Officer, you will provide strategic management oversight in implementing, directing and monitoring the Alliance’s Data Analytics Services functions. You will direct the Data Analytics Services Department, acts as a subject matter expert, and provide executive level advice and guidance on analytics issues and overall business operations You will maximize the use of technology while ensuring clear business benefits and value when enhancing the use of Alliance data systems. You will also oversee the quality, consistency, and accuracy of data reporting and analysis throughout the organization. You will direct, manage and supervise Data Analytics Services Department staff.
The Data Analytics Services Director has strategic management of the following teams and their respective functions:
• Health Informatics
• Enterprise Data Warehousing
• Advanced Analytics/Data Science
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL
• Be a well-seasoned leader with expertise in healthcare analytics, data science and data warehousing
• Be oriented towards metrics and data driven business decisions
• Be an effective communicator, promoting clear, direct and timely communication within your own team and across the organization
• Be committed to team development, with an ability to lead and inspire others in an environment that supports professional growth, embraces complex challenges and celebrates accomplishments
• Be effective at moving the work forward while managing priorities and deadlines, and empowering teams to do their best work
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL
To read the full position description, and list of requirements please visit our website
o Methods of managing software development processes
o And experience with the development of data warehouses, data mining, extraction and reporting
o Data governance best practices framework
o Medi-Cal (Medicaid), Medicare and/or other publicly funded health insurance programs
o Techniques of effective collaboration with business and functional stakeholders to assess needs and deliver sustainable solutions
o Set enterprise level data capabilities, applying an in-depth understanding of the business strategy while enabling adoption of the enterprise assets
o Demonstrate advanced problem-solving skills involving complex and ambiguous issues
o Direct, manage, supervise, mentor, train and evaluate the work of staff
o Act as a technical resource and explain complex laws, regulations, processes, and programs related to area of responsibility
o Foster effective working relationships, influence others and build consensus with individuals at all levels in the organization
Education and Experience:
o Bachelor’s degree in Healthcare, Information Technology, Business, Systems Engineering or a related field
o A minimum of ten years of business analysis experience which included experience with business intelligence tools, data warehousing and reporting tools, including a minimum of five years of experience performing this work in a managed care or healthcare organization, and a minimum of five years of management-level experience (a Master’s degree may substitute for two years of the required experience); or an equivalent combination of education and experience may be qualifying
• While this position is connected to one of our Alliance offices, we are in hybrid telecommute work environment right now and we anticipate that the interview process will take place remotely.
• Our Alliance office locations have officially re-opened as of May 2, 2022 and while some employees may work in full-time telecommute schedules, attendance at quarterly company-wide events or department meetings will be expected.
• Based on the nature of work, this position may require onsite presence, which is dependent on business need. Details about this can be reviewed during the interview process.
COVID-19 Vaccine Requirement: At this time, this position requires vaccination or regular testing upon office entry. Fully vaccinated and boosted is defined as receipt of the second dose in a 2-dose series (ex: Pfizer & Moderna vaccines) OR receipt of a single-dose vaccine (ex: Johnson & Johnson); AND receipt of the booster (if eligible); AND a 2-week period having passed since the administration of the last vaccine dose. If you state that you are vaccinated, proof of vaccination must be submitted at time of hire.
At this time the Alliance does not provide any type of sponsorship. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time, ongoing basis without current or future needs for any type of employer supported or provided sponsorship.Position Description »