The Data Analyst role is to plan, coordinate, design, develop, organizational information and analytical reporting for the organization. The Data Analyst is responsible for maintaining, supporting and upgrading existing reports using various reporting and analytical tools. The Data Analyst will work with the business staff to design, create, test, debug, and institutionalize requested reports and analytical data. The Data Analyst will apply proven communication skills and knowledge of best practices to develop reliable reporting and insights. In addition this position will promote the use of Business Intelligence tools to provide users with self-service reporting options and assist them in the use of these tools.
Essential functions are job duties and responsibilities that must be performed to accomplish the purpose/ goals of the job.
• Review report and analytic requests specifications from business analysts, project managers, or business users and determine best approach for report development or data extractions.
• Develop solutions for analytical data and reporting through the Business Intelligence (BI) platform or by programing specialized queries.
• Prepare detailed reporting specifications and final documentation.
• Maintain inventories and schedules of all queries, extracts and reports to make reports and analytics repeatable.
• Work closely with our data architects to design/implement/maintain Business Intelligence solutions.
• Analyze data for opportunities for business insights, data quality, improved business processes, and improved data architecture.
• High School Diploma; Bachelor’s Degree in Information Management / Computer Science preferred, or an equivalent combination of education and related work experience required.
• One year experience creating reports, analysis, and data driven presentations.
• Strong hands on SQL experience in a Microsoft SQL environment.
• Working knowledge of heath care data and data structures.
• Knowledge of enrollment, provider, pharmacy, and claims data, and government regulated plans.
• Demonstrate understanding and sensitivity to multi-cultural values, beliefs, and attitudes of both internal and external contacts.
• Demonstrate appropriate behaviors in accordance with the organization’s vision, mission, and values.