Data Analyst – Medical Informatics
Amida Care, the largest Medicaid HIV Special Needs Plan in NY, delivers a uniquely effective care model that has become a true benchmark for innovation, engagement and member health outcomes. Our mission is to provide access to comprehensive care and coordinated services that facilitate positive health outcomes and general well-being for our members. This true integrative care model addresses psychosocial, housing, behavioral and medical services directly evolving around the needs of each member.
We are a community of individuals from diverse peoples who work together to actively foster a fair, equitable, inclusive environment where all employees receive an invitation to belong. Visit [webpage] for more information about the Amida Care culture.
We are actively seeking a highly motivated, innovative and experienced leader to join our team as the Medical Informatics Data Analyst. Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
This position works closely with the Medical Informatics team, the Quality Department, Medical Director, and the Research team. Primary responsibility is data mining, analysis and reporting for health care reports related to utilization and health care outcomes.
• At least 2 years of experience and proficiency in using SQL, extracting health care data from various sources, and analyzing data into reports that are reliable, reproducible, and effectively answers the questions asked and/or challenges identified with thoughts on improving any concerns identified.
• Conduct data analysis from various databases and programs available effectively.
• Review data retrieved critically and be able to evaluate data mined for accuracy and completeness.
• Participate in the design and evaluation of reports requested.
• Participate in meetings and communicate effectively with colleagues to understand data and reporting needs to complete projects requested
• Create, produce, and maintain reporting outputs as defined by the Medical Informatics Department, including developing standard, automated reports.
• Validate and document current reports on existing resources and document new reports created.
Amida Care is Diversity, Equity and Inclusion employer committed to full inclusion and elimination of discrimination in all its forms. We strive to develop, promote and sustain a culture that values equity and leverages diversity and inclusiveness in all that we do.
Amida Care requires that all candidates selected for employment must provide proof of full Covid-19 Vaccination upon acceptance of an offer of employment.
• Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and related job experience required.
EXPERIENCES AND/OR SKILLS REQUIRED
• Two (2) years’ experience in SQL programming (SSIS/SSRS) and data analysis.
• Experience with data mining tools.
• Good working knowledge of managed care operational and clinical data.
• Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings.
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
• Demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel and Microsoft Word) to create database tables and reports.
• Experience in managed care and/or healthcare preferred.
• Demonstrate understanding and sensitivity to multi-cultural values, beliefs and attitudes with colleagues and all contacts.
• Demonstrate appropriate behaviors in accordance with the organization’s vision, mission and values.