This is a fantastic opportunity to be a leader in this financially stable, mission driven organization. The successful candidate will operate with a high level of accountability, be a strong mentor and innovator, and possess a depth of managed care financial acumen. Critical to this role is the ability to build and maintain strong relationships across the organization, with State and Federal Regulators, external business partners and the AlohaCare Board of Directors. Medicaid and Medicare health plan and/or risk-bearing entity experience is critical. S/he will achieve results and build trust internally and externally as well as be a mission driven individual. The ideal candidate will have worked in a non-profit, independent health plan.
About the Position:
The Controller will report to the CFO, working closely on all aspects of finance. The Controller will be responsible for leading the accounting function for the health plan. S/he will deliver the implementation of strategic and operational objectives and plans according to best practices, internal and external requirements. This includes responsibility for accounts receivable, accounts payable, fixed assets, payroll, membership accounting and related reporting. This role includes oversight of an accounting staff of three.
The successful Controller will have strong analytic skills, operational skills and be a good manager of people with excellent communication/team building abilities, comfortable with changing processes and flexible in a transformational environment.
Key Essential Functions:
• Work collaboratively with the CFO and other leaders, throughout the organization to implement financial/operational strategies and best practice.
• Ensure accurate and timely financial reporting to the CFO and the Executive Council as well as regulatory agencies.
• Monitor and confirm financial conditions by implementing and auditing company financial reports to conform to company policies and procedures.
• Play a key role in the annual budgeting process as well as the annual CMS Medicare bid.
• Explore, provide guidance on new General Ledger System – implement when approved and maintain.
• Oversee both GAAP and statutory reporting.
Required Education and Experience:
• Bachelors Degree in Accounting, or related field of study (Master level degree preferred).
• 5+ years experience in accounting.
• 2+ years experience in managed healthcare.
• 2+ years experience in supervisory/managerial positions.
• CPA, or other related professional certification (preferred).
• Experience with general ledger system selection and conversion (preferred).