Community Outreach Vehicle Driver
Amida Care, the largest Medicaid HIV Special Needs Plan in NY, delivers a uniquely effective care model that has become a true benchmark for innovation, engagement and member health outcomes. Our mission is to provide access to comprehensive care and coordinated services that facilitate positive health outcomes and general well-being for our members. This true integrative care model addresses psychosocial, housing, behavioral and medical services directly evolving around the needs of each member.
We are a community of individuals from diverse peoples who work together to actively foster a fair, equitable, inclusive environment where all employees receive an invitation to belong. Visit amidacareny.org for more information about the Amida Care culture.
We are actively seeking a highly motivated, innovative and experienced leader to join our team as the Community Outreach Vehicle Driver. Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
The Driver is responsible for maintaining an efficient, well organized community outreach vehicle (COV). The Driver is accountable for the day to day operations on the assigned COV, responsible for all marketing & promotional materials on the assigned COV, the ordering of all supplies needed to maintain the COV, daily set up and break down and the interior cleanliness and maintenance of the assigned vehicle. The driver will ensure that Events & Outreach Staff (and potential members) are provided an appropriate environment to perform their function. Ensuring supplies, giveaways, marketing tools/stands/signs are stored properly and provided to staff working events/marketing sites.
• Retrieve, drive and return the COV to one of our designated garage parking locations.
• Check the interior and exterior of the COV for cosmetic and operational issues, including loose cabinet handles, any wall issues, torn or frayed carpet, issues with flooring, dents, cracks or broken glass and rest room functioning.
• Maintain a clean and organized COV on a daily basis and perform minor maintenance as needed, including but not limited to daily vehicle inspections, ensuring sufficient fuel, regular inspection of engine fluids, etc., and coordinate the schedule of major or periodic vehicle maintenance with management to minimize interruption to field efforts. Must report issues and/or concerns relating to the COV to the immediate supervisor within 24 hours of discovery.
• Set up marketing/event equipment and material, including promotional material, merchandise, gazebos and sandwich board, tents, tables, chairs etc. Transport boxes of marketing/event material that may weigh up to 50 pounds to Amida Care offices, events, to the COV and to marketing/event locations.
• Conduct and maintain inventory of supplies according to par levels to orders supplies as needed. Supply orders will be requested to direct supervisor and ordered based on need of department/COV.
• Comply with local and Department of Transportation (DOT) traffic and vehicle regulations. Read and interpret maps, driving directions and navigate to and from marketing locations within the five boroughs of NYC, as well as Westchester and Long Island.
• Complete and submit detailed expense reports monthly including required receipts, invoices/bills, gas, meter tickets and maintain a highly accurate daily log and manifest. To complete necessary reporting as required by management.
• maintain and submit a drivers log to include foot traffic, enrollments, and mileage driven. You will be responsible for ensuring the RV is mechanically safe and clean.
• Inform supervisor of any changes and incidents, including marketing obstacles.
• Check and respond to email in a timely manner.
• Maintain a current and unencumbered Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) Class B with zero points and no driving while under the influence (DWI) or driving under the influence (DUI) convictions.
• Inform supervisor immediately and in no case more than 48 hours following any vehicle incidents and/or traffic infractions while driving the COV or in any other context.
Amida Care is Diversity, Equity and Inclusion employer committed to full inclusion and elimination of discrimination in all its forms. We strive to develop, promote and sustain a culture that values equity and leverages diversity and inclusiveness in all that we do.
Amida Care requires that all candidates selected for employment must provide proof of full Covid-19 Vaccination upon acceptance of an offer of employment.
• High School diploma or GED or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
EXPERIENCES AND/OR SKILLS REQUIRED
• Two (2) or more years of professional experience driving commercial/oversized vehicles.
• Good driving record and knowledge of streets and addresses in the driving area. Knowledge of reading and interpreting maps and driving directions within NY City, as well as, using internet-based mapping websites/apps, including on corporate phone device.
• Maintain and submit a drivers log to include foot traffic, enrollments, and mileage driven.
• Responsible for ensuring the RV is mechanically safe and clean
• No serious moving violations within the last 36 months
• No preventable DOT accidents within the last 12 months
• Knowledge of and ability to perform basic vehicle inspection and maintenance to ensure working condition, including tire/tire pressure, engine fluids, exhaust system, seatbelt and safety straps, lights and signals etc.
• Strong verbal and written communication effectiveness with demonstrated ability to communicate professionally and courteously with a highly diverse internal and external population.
• Demonstrated ability to maintain the confidentiality and security of sensitive and protected information and files.
• Bilingual English – Spanish is a plus.
• Strong customer service and interpersonal skills; Excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
• Must be able to travel and work in all five boroughs of New York City & Tri-state area as needed.
• Must be able to work flexible schedule as needed.
• Ability to move/carry materials/collateral weighing up to 50 -65 pounds to sites and or events as needed.
• Demonstrate understanding and sensitivity to multi-cultural values, beliefs, and attitudes of both internal and external contacts.
• Demonstrate appropriate behaviors in accordance with the organization’s vision, mission, and values.