Community Outreach Specialist
Amida Care, the largest Medicaid HIV Special Needs Plan in NY, delivers a uniquely effective care model that has become a true benchmark for innovation, engagement and member health outcomes. Our mission is to provide access to comprehensive care and coordinated services that facilitate positive health outcomes and general well-being for our members. This true integrative care model addresses psychosocial, housing, behavioral and medical services directly evolving around the needs of each member.
We are a community of individuals from diverse peoples who work together to actively foster a fair, equitable, inclusive environment where all employees receive an invitation to belong. Visit amidacareny.org for more information about the Amida Care culture.
We are actively seeking a highly motivated, innovative and experienced leader to join our team as the Community Outreach Specialist. Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
This position is responsible for engaging members who are at risk of becoming lost to care, lost to care, or not in effective care and providing them with health promotion, education and support to achieve optimal health outcomes. Through outreach in the community, this position will locate members, conducts a needs assessment, develops program goals, supports members and assist them with adhering to their prescribed regimen and health care plan. This position will develop and maintain external and internal relationships with service providers to assure proper engagement and the delivery of appropriate services.
• Perform telephone, internet, and field outreach to members who are at risk to be lost to care, lost to care, or not in effective care, in order to locate them and engage and provide health promotion and education.
• Conduct needs assessments to determine barriers, what services and level of health education members need.
• Develop individualized goals and treatment plan with members, based on their needs.
• Assess members adherence using tools on a quarterly basis, modify treatment plan and need for education.
• Provide treatment adherence services to Amida Care members; including but not limited to DOT, appointment escorts, treatment adherence education, and treatment adherence tools.
• Monitor progress through escorts, blood work results and case conferencing with PCP.
• Case conferences with Amida Care staff involved with member and provide updates, as well as seek assistance as needed to compliment the care of member
• Document all outreach efforts within Salesforce – Team Connect, within 48 hours of event.
• Refer and connect members to appropriate services/service providers.
• Educate members and provide assistance with making appointments at primary care providers and specialists.
• Conduct on-going follow up with service providers to assure members are engaged in services and document steps taken towards member goals.
• Conduct on-going follow up with members to assure engagement in services, appropriateness of service sites.
Amida Care is Diversity, Equity and Inclusion employer committed to full inclusion and elimination of discrimination in all its forms. We strive to develop, promote and sustain a culture that values equity and leverages diversity and inclusiveness in all that we do.
Amida Care requires that all candidates selected for employment must provide proof of full Covid-19 Vaccination upon acceptance of an offer of employment.
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Services or 3 years relevant experience in HIV medical case management/care coordination.
EXPERIENCES AND/OR SKILLS REQUIRED
• Demonstrated intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office and CRM databases.
• Demonstrated excellent communication skills: oral and written. Ability to maintain routine records pertaining to participant utilization of services as well as to prepare summaries.
• Demonstrated knowledge of sociological and behavioral factors influencing the behavior and attitudes of priority group members relative to program to which assigned.
• One to three years’ experience working with individuals living with HIV, in a social service or medical setting preferred.
• Demonstrated knowledge of HIV treatment adherence and ARV medications.
• Bilingual in Spanish preferred.
• Peer Certification preferred.
• Demonstrated judgment of safety, boundaries and confidentiality issues.
• PHYSICAL DEMANDS: This position is a field based position, the employee is constantly required to stand; walk; ride the bus/subway to all 5 boroughs of New York City. The employee commutes, approximately 75% of the time, to meetings, trainings, and home visits as scheduled throughout the year. The employee spends approximately 25% of the time writing and/or keyboarding. The employee works mostly outside and sometimes in a variety of weather conditions.
• Demonstrate understanding and sensitivity to multi-cultural values, beliefs, and attitudes of both internal and external contacts.
• Demonstrate appropriate behaviors in accordance with the organization’s vision, mission, and values.