Under the direction of the Director of Community Engagement the Community Ambassador develops and strengthens relationships with new and existing Amida Care community partners and providers. The incumbent serves as a trusted liaison, representing Amida Care’s brand, mission, and values. The Community Ambassador acts as the external point person for planning, coordinating, and delivering activities and events that are innovative, engaging, and meaningful to the population involved. The Community Ambassador participates in and provides leadership to Amida Care’s internal efforts to build and continuously improve programs and services that are responsive to the needs of new member populations.
• Establish and maintain relationships with community entities, and identify venues to conduct events and market Amida Care products.
• Work closely with the events team to manage and arrange logistics for meetings, events, and activities to drive Amida Care growth efforts.
• Attend community and events during non-traditional work hours to further relationships and drive Amida Care growth efforts.
• Articulate Amida Care’s benefits, services, and model of care that enable prospect members to identify Amida Care as their Plan of Choice.
• Work closely with management to support cross- functional efforts that increase Amida Care enrollment and retain plan members.
• With the direction of the Director of Community Engagement develop and execute outreach strategies the support growth.
• Facilitate new enrollment for prospect members seeking Medicaid enrollment or additional Plan options, in accordance with NYS assistor guidelines.
• Act as a liaison between Amida Care and the community to address issues and or concerns that impact our relationship within the community.
• Participate in the discussion and decision of materials created for reaching new segment population.
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred or Associates or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Two (2) years’ experience in Community Relations, Outreach and/or Events planning.
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with diverse groups of people.
• Full and successful completion of Assistor Certification Training (within 2 months of hire/expectation setting) and subsequent completion of Assistor Annual Recertification Training.
• Demonstrate computer proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint).
• Strong verbal and written communication effectiveness with demonstrated ability to communicate professionally and courteously with a highly diverse internal and external population.
• Bi-lingual Spanish, a plus.
• Demonstrates an understanding and sensitivity to multi-cultural values, beliefs, and attitudes of both internal and external contacts.
• Demonstrate appropriate behaviors in accordance with the organization’s vision, mission, and values.