The Association for Community Affiliated Plans (ACAP) seeks a Communications Associate to provide communications and research support on projects and advocacy efforts related to Medicaid, CHIP, Marketplace Qualified Health Plans and Medicare plans for low-income populations. This position offers an excellent opportunity to be a part of a leading organization committed to increasing access to quality health coverage and services for low-income people. The position requires top-notch verbal, computer, organizational, writing and interpersonal skills, and the ability to perform independently in a fast-paced environment under general supervision. The successful candidate must be able to customarily and regularly exercise judgment and discretion.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The responsibilities of the Communications Associate include:
- Development and dissemination of public-facing ACAP communications products, including its newsletter.
- Perform media surveillance.
- Update and manage ACAP’s web site in collaboration with other staff
- Development, design and dissemination of member-facing ACAP resources, including staff directories and
- Preferred Vendor program materials.
- Serve as primary staff for ACAP social media accounts, and development of new social media products, or presence on new platforms.
- Research and develop data-driven communications products.
- Support for executive-level presentations and reports.
- Support the development and management of ACAP-sponsored conferences.
- Serve as primary staff for select ACAP award programs.
- Responding to member inquiries and addressing member concerns.
- Provide editorial support as needed to staff.
- Communicate effectively and frequently with colleagues and members.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
Competitive candidates must possess a college degree, a demonstrable interest in health care policy, and fluency in Microsoft Office products. The ideal candidate will have a background in communications or journalism and 1-2 years relevant work experience. Knowledge of Medicaid, Medicare, the Affordable Care Act, and prior work or internships in health policy organizations or associations are all pluses. Strong writing, interpersonal, and communications skills a must.
More details at the link below.Position Description »