Chief Medical Officer – Hennepin Health
Hennepin Health seeks a Chief Medical Officer to serve as part of the Executive Team, to oversee outstanding clinical services that meet the needs of Hennepin Health members and lead collaborative efforts to improve health outcomes, reduce health care access barriers, drive innovation and eliminate disparities.
Hennepin Health is a national-award-winning managed care organization that serves Hennepin County residents who are eligible for the Prepaid Medical Assistance Program (PMAP), Special Needs BasicCare (SNBC) and MinnesotaCare. Hennepin Health operates an accountable care model that brings together Hennepin Health, Hennepin Healthcare, NorthPoint Health and Wellness Center, and the Hennepin County Human Services and Public Health Departments. Hennepin Health integrates its work with other critical services offered by Hennepin County and Hennepin Healthcare and takes a holistic approach by considering a member’s medical, behavioral health, and social service needs.
Location and hours:
Hennepin Health keeps normal business hours, 8 AM to 4:30 PM, although the CMO may at times have work responsibilities outside of these hours. Currently, almost all Hennepin Health team members are working from home due to COVID-19. Remote work is expected to continue at least until the end of the third quarter of 2020. When remote work is not required due to COVID-19, Hennepin Health maintains offices in the Minneapolis Grain Exchange Building located at 400 South 4th Street in downtown Minneapolis. The CMO works primarily from the Grain Exchange offices, but also routinely attends meetings at other Hennepin County community locations.
About the position type:
This position is a full-time, benefit earning a position with a salary of $195,844.29 – $240,247.51 annually.
In this position, you will:
- Draw on your deep commitment to the Hennepin Health vision of changing how we build healthy, equitable communities in Hennepin County and beyond.
- Communicate the County and Hennepin Health visions, strategic directions, priorities, and initiatives to managers, supervisors, and staff, and represent Hennepin Health with regulatory and accrediting bodies, and other stakeholders.
- Provide strategic leadership and supervisory oversight to clinical health plan functions at Hennepin Health, including credentialing and provider data, quality management, pharmacy, clinical innovation, utilization management, behavioral health, and social service navigation.
- Work at multiple levels from strategic planning to conducting routine clinical reviews.
- Oversee a team of approximately 40 using strong personnel management skills.
- Design effective population health and value-based care models and protocols to decrease inappropriate utilization and/or enhance quality of outcomes.
- Drive innovative and collaborative work across the Hennepin system, supporting initiatives to improve health care outcomes, eliminate disparities, address barriers to access, and increase integration of traditional health care services with other county and community services that support the social influencers of health.
- Demonstrate commitment to patient-centered models of care delivery with proven quality management/improvement record.
- Build strong, collaborative relationships through community conversations, trade associations, and other public forums on health care and related issues.
- Serve as a member of Hennepin Health’s Executive Team, determining strategic direction for business growth, change, and operation.
- Direct the development, measurement, reporting, and achievement of outcomes for assigned operations.
- Lead the Quality Management, Utilization Management, Pharmacy and Therapeutics, Credentialing, and other required regulatory committees.
Need to have:
- Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine Degree from an accredited school of medicine and completion of an approved internship and an approved formal adult or child residency.
- A valid license to practice medicine issued by the State of Minnesota.
- Board certification in an appropriate specialty.
Nice to have:
- Five or more years of clinical experience with related supervisory experience in the healthcare or insurance industry.
- Working for a health maintenance organization, or in a managed care or other health insurance-related setting.
- Working with low income and/or Medicaid-eligible populations
About the department:
Hennepin Health provides health care coverage to Hennepin County residents who are enrolled in a Minnesota Health Care Program. Hennepin Health is Minnesota’s only county-run, state-certified health maintenance organization. Hennepin Health contracts with the Minnesota Department of Human Services and is a nationally recognized leader in partnering with our members and communities to improve health by integrating health care and social services to enhance the health and well-being of our members and the community.
Applications will be forwarded to the hiring supervisor on a regular basis. Posting will remain open until filled. This posting may be used to fill current and future vacancies. This position is internally classified as a Physician, Senior Associate Click here to view the job classification specification.
Apply here. Note: You must attach a cover letter and resume with your application materials to be considered for this position.
Invitations to interview will be based upon an assessment of education and experience.
Final candidates may be required to complete a drug test and/or background check.
If you have any questions, please contact: