Chief Information Officer (CIO)
Chief Information Officer (CIO)
Department(s): Information Services (IS)
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer (COO)
FLSA status: Exempt
Salary Grade: W – $246,000 – $368,000
The CIO has complete ownership of and accountability for the establishment and execution of the enterprise wide technology needs, operations, and strategy and ensures its alignment with CalOptima’s business strategy and the delivery of capabilities required to achieve business success. As a member of the Executive leadership team, the CIO participates in and contributes to overall CalOptima operations and strategy development, bringing a current knowledge and future vision to leverage information and technology in business model design, business processes re-engineering, operational improvements, and support for the CalOptima mission.
This position prepares and makes presentations to Executives, the Board of Directors and the Advisory Committees. The Chief Information Officer, in a collaborative and structured fashion, helps set priorities and sequence for CalOptima portfolios and projects. The position also launches new programs, implements new systems, integrates new vendor solutions, and provides direction to cross-functional teams. The CIO works across all departments on major initiatives and leads by influence and communication.
• Sets the vision and strategy of the IS organization to foster business- and mission-oriented culture and mindset.
• Directs the development of the IS strategy and project portfolio and roadmap, based on CalOptima strategy and business need.
• Serves as a trusted advisor; builds and maintains relationships with other executives to understand business needs; ensures cost-effective delivery of IS services to meet those needs, responds with agility to changing business priorities. Uses influence and negotiation to create collaboration to enable cost-effective and innovative shared solutions in achievement of business goals.
• Participates in the guidance and direction of the organization as a member of the Chiefs’ team.
• Stays current on new technologies; provides direction to the IS team on emerging technologies. Provides strategic direction in the IS organization’s innovation efforts and role in experimenting with new solutions to take advantage of those opportunities.
• Provides strategic direction and oversight for the design, development, operation and support of IS systems, including enterprise architecture management, application management, security and risk management, and infrastructure and operations support management.
• Partners with HR and the IS leadership team to continually look for leading-edge and innovative solutions to the recruitment, development, and retention of the IS workforce.
• Directs the management of the administrative contracts for information services vendors.
• Directs the development of IS vendor sourcing; provides executive oversight for vendor partnership and management.
• Serves as CalOptima’s Chief Information Security Officer (CISO).
• Designs the IS organization and staff accordingly. Develops and maintains a workforce with the appropriate mix of business knowledge and technical skills required to achieve business objectives; ensures the core IS functions are reliable, stable and efficient.
• Directs the development and provide oversight and control of the annual operating and capital budgets for IS to ensure consistency with the strategic objectives and priorities of the plan.
• Provides leadership, coaching and direction to the IS leadership team and staff.
• Provides overall direction for all information services activities for the organization.
• Other projects and duties as assigned.
Experience & Education:
• Bachelor’s degree, Master’s preferred in Information Systems, Computer Science, Business Administration or related field, or equivalent work experience.
• 15+ years of information services experience.
• 7+ years of information services management experience.
• Demonstrated experience in IS strategic planning, organization design, leadership, and development.
• Healthcare and/or Managed Care experience preferred.
• Related government or public service experience is desirable.
• Ability to work under the pressure of strict deadlines on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
• Outstanding leadership skills with strong ability to effectively create and communicate the IS vision and inspire and motivate IS staff.
• Ability to instill confidence in the business and demonstrate the business value of IS.
• Effective influence and negotiation skills within IS and with business partners and vendors.
• Strong business acumen.
• Expertise in budget planning and financial management of IS.
• Ability to drive organizational change within and beyond IS functions.
• Knowledge and understanding of emerging technologies.
• Expertise with Information Security and Privacy practices.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to explain technology to business leaders, Board members, and others not immersed within the technology world.
• Principles and practices of managed health care, health care systems, and familiarity in responding to Medicaid/Medi-Cal/ Medicare regulatory requirements is preferred.
CalOptima is an equal employment opportunity employer and makes all employment decisions on the basis of merit. CalOptima wants to have qualified employees in every job position. CalOptima prohibits unlawful discrimination against any employee, or applicant for employment, based on race, religion/religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, sex stereotype, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transitioning status, age, sexual orientation, immigration status, military status as a disabled veteran, or veteran of the Vietnam era, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. CalOptima also prohibits unlawful discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics or is associated with a person who has, or is perceived as having, any of those characteristics.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by contacting Human Resources Disability Management at 657-900-1134.
Job Location: Orange, California
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2276697
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Position Description »