Chief Financial Officer
For over 30 years, Community Health Plan of Washington (CHPW) has been providing quality health care to Washington families and investing in its communities to improve their residents’ health and well-being. Our coverage and delivery system is based upon a model of care that treats the whole person and fosters trust, compassion, respect, and equitable care. Our mission is to ensure all Washingtonians have access to quality health care, no matter one’s income or circumstances, and to provide the tools they need to live healthier lives. If this mission resonates with you, you may wish to learn more about the CFO search we have launched.
Goals and Objectives:
The following goals and objectives have been identified as priorities for this position:
- Serve as a strategic leader and trusted partner. Establish positive relationships and build credibility with the executive leadership team, Board and key constituents within the CHCs in the network. Collaborate on the strategic plan, including long-term growth objectives and initiatives.
- Develop expertise in CHPW/CHNW financial arrangements and contractual terms of its Medicaid and Medicare government contracts. Provide leadership in the continued improvement of CHPW’s value-based contracts with the delivery system and as well as other key vendors. .
- Provide a vision of leadership for the finance organization that ensures continued success and organizational viability for the future.
- Support and reaffirm CHPW’s values each and every day and carry forward the mission of the organization.
- Achieve a high level of respect and participation in external forums relating to health care financing and CHPW’s business needs. Establish respect and trust with State Health Care Authority, Office of Insurance Commissioner and other regulatory bodies.
- Develop a vision for the finance organization that ensures continued success and viability for the future, including: – Establishing goals, objectives, timelines, and resources needed to achieve the organization’s strategy.
- Achieving operational efficiencies and effectiveness
- Improving the coordination, quality, utilization and outcomes of care in partnership with other Divisional leadership
- Achieving financial success and sustainability
- Maintaining clear, transparent, and effective methods of communications on financial matters
- Developing and maintaining productive, mutually beneficial provider/payor partnerships
The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) reports directly to Chief Executive Officer and collaborates extensively with the Board of Directors and members of the Executive Leadership Team (ELT) including the Chief Operating Officer, Chief Equity Officer, Chief Medical/Health Officer, and Vice President, Health Services.
Direct reports include:
- Vice President, Finance
- Vice President, Healthcare Economics
- Executive Assistant
As a key member of the Community Health Plan of Washington (CHPW) ELT and an Officer of the Company, this CFO position is responsible for directing the fiscal functions of Community Health Network of Washington (CHNW) and CHPW in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles issued by the Financial Accounting Standards Board, the Securities and Exchange Commission, National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC), and other regulatory and advisory organizations and in accordance with financial management techniques and practices. This position provides financial input and analysis for the strategic policy making functions of the Board of Directors and the operating and strategic decisions and activities of the Executive Leadership Team. It is the CFO’s overarching responsibility to ensure corporate strategies are financially viable, and that execution of strategies is not constrained by a lack of funds. The CFO works closely with board members and in particular, the CHNW/CHPW Finance Committee, in providing transparency on budget assumptions and financial performance.
- Bachelor’s degree Business or other field required. Master’s degree in Business or related field preferred.
- CPA Certification strongly preferred.
Knowledge and Work Experience:
- 15+ years progressively responsible management experience in the areas of finance and accounting, including 8+ years at an executive level.
Procedure for Candidacy
The search process is currently underway and will continue until the position is filled. Nominations, expressions of interest, and résumés should be submitted electronically through the WittKieffer Candidate Portal by clicking here or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
The base salary for this position will be in the $375K-$509K range annually, dependent on relevant experience. Additional incentives, benefits, and relocation assistance are also an important part of this package.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)