Care Manager Supervisor, Behavioral Health
We’re seeking Care Manager Supervisor to join our behavioral health team! In this role, you will work to promote the well-being of our members by assessing, collaborating with providers, monitoring and coordinating care.
Be a part of a mission driven company and work alongside passionate, caring and collaborative team members. If you are motivated to make a difference in people’s lives and want to play a role in transforming how healthcare is delivered, we invite you to check out the opportunity below and apply today.
The Care Manager Supervisor, Behavioral Health is responsible for daily supervision and the ongoing operations of the Behavioral Health (BH) Care Management program. She /He works closely with the Clinical Operations Manager, community providers and service agencies and functions as a liaison between providers, clinicians and Plan staff in coordinating the integration of Behavioral and Medical Management. Oversees care management services, including intensive care management, high-risk care management, readmission avoidance initiatives and community-based care management for BMCHP members receiving behavioral health services.
– Supervises, trains and coaches BH Care Managers.
– Reviews performance and ensures adherence to departmental policies and procedures.
– Monitors staff work assignments and makes appropriate adjustments based on staffing levels, and number/ types of care management cases received.
– Ensure care management staff document in the medical management information system in a timely manner that meets regulatory and accreditation standards.
– Conducts quality audits and shares results in a timely manner with staff, providing necessary education and counseling to improve performance.
– Ensures the success of the care management team efforts to facilitate effective member transitions between levels of care.
– In collaboration with the senior BH management staff, identifies and develops strategies to ensure the success of all HEDIS, NCQA and quality improvement initiatives.
– Participates in process reviews and the development of new and/or revised work processes, policies and procedures relating to care management.
– Manage and carry out all activities of the Care Management program which includes accepting referrals, doing assessments, monitoring medications and completing care plans which assist members to develop the skills needed to successfully live and work as independently in the community as they are able.
– In all activities work to ensure linkage and integration of BH and medical care. This includes both member-based activities and work with agencies as part of community-based care management.
– Acts as liaison with outside entities, including physicians, hospitals, social service agencies and regulatory agencies.
– Manages a limited caseload of care management cases.
– Establishes and maintains positive communication and creates an environment that fosters teamwork, cooperation and respect.
– Provides high level of service and satisfaction to internal and external customers.
– After hours availability as needed.
– Regular and reliable attendance is an essential function of the position.
– Perform other duties as assigned
– Degree in a behavioral health field such as psychology or social work, or a degree in nursing required.
– 4 years to 7 years related experience in Mental Health, Care Management, and/or substance abuse treatment including 1-3 years prior supervisory experience required.
– Experience with Medicaid recipients and community services.
– Clinical supervisory experience with a managed care population preferred.
– Experience with Behavioral Health care management.
– Experience in a health plan or insurance environment.
Certification or Conditions of Employment:
– Current certificate or state licensure as an RN, LICSW, LMHC, Clinical Nurse Specialist, Licensed Psychologist or CADAC is required.
Competencies, Skills, and Attributes:
– Able to work in a fast paced environment; ability to multi-task.
– Experience with standard Microsoft Office applications, particularly MS Outlook and MS Word, and other data entry processing applications.
– Strong clinical problem solving skills.
– Demonstrated ability to successfully plan, organize, implement and manage projects within a health care setting.
– Detail oriented and excellent analytical skills.
– Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
– Strong oral and written communication skills; ability to interact within all levels of the organization.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
– Travel to hospitals and other provider locations may be required.